cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

BT Sport app on Samsung Smart TV, picture quality

Go to solution

Hi, just watching some football on BT Sports using the Samsung Smart TV app. The picture changes from SD to HD a few seconds after starting the stream. If you follow a fast moving football it does not appear as a round object but several consecutive images detracting from the viewing. Just compared with the BT Sport Mobile app casting through a Chromecast device onto an LG TV to find that it looks much better without the above artefact. Is this an issue just with the Samsung Smart TV app?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT Sport app on Samsung Smart TV, picture quality

Go to solution

It could be to do with the motion processing on the Samsung TV. Check all your options (they can change depending on the type of content watched and try turning off any motion processing).

Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Hi, many thanks for replying. I found the 'Auto Motion Plus' was set to 'Standard' (Options are Off, Standard, Smooth & Custom). I've set the option to 'Off' and the movement artefact has now gone. Thanks again for the advice. (Now, if you can just suggest a way of turning off the moving pitch side advertising during a football game!)

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Hi @djdigitalmedia,

Thank you for posting back.

That's was some good advice from @scointer and I'm happy that has worked for you. 

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings