cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

BT Sport app on Shield saying I need to upgrade

I have BT sport Ultimate large screen with EE and watching it on my Nvidia Shield Pro through the official BT app it says I need to upgrade my account when using the checker to get 4K HDR.

I’ve spoke to EE who says it’s definitely on my account so I’ve logged out, cleared the cache and data, force closed the app and re-logged in but still getting the same.

Can anyone help?

Kind Regards
Jacob
0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: BT Sport app on Shield saying I need to upgrade

I had this with prime, my solution was to go to app store and manually download the later version.

You can also sideload apps onto the shield, google how to do so.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 12

Hi,

It's already the latest version (checked it's up to date) and the official app so not sure why I would need to side-load it?

Kind Regards
Jacob
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 12

The fact that you're able to log into the app on your device means you have a large screen subscription, but to watch in 4K you need the Ultimate add on as well. If the app is saying you don't have it then it's not added to your account on the BT system. If EE are saying you definitely have the Ultimate add on then they'll need to re-send it to the BT system to allow you to use it.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 12

Hi Darren,

Yeah EE said it's definitely on there and they said they removed it and re-added it. After that I cleared all the cache, force closed the app and re-logged in but the same. I've just logged in to my EE account and it also says it's the Ultimate package. 

screenshot-myaccount.ee.co.uk-2021.08.21-22_02_11.png

What's interesting is it says the Ultimate package contains the ability to rewind which I remember seeing the option to do this. There was also manager and hyper mode available. Basically everything apart from 4K HDR.

EE said they will contact BT Sport for me and it would be looked into within 24 hours but I'm not holding my breath.

Kind Regards
Jacob
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 12

Let me know if it's not sorted by Monday and I can get someone from our (BT) side to validate what they're (EE) doing.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 12

ahhh that's very reassuring, thanks Darren.

Have a nice evening and weekend 🙂

Kind Regards
Jacob
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 12

Hi Darren,

Sorry for the delay, I didn't get a notification until Tuesday from EE evening advising me re-login to the app.

I have just tested this in preparation for this weekends games and it appears someone has completely messed it up and removed my ability to watch it on TV at all.

I'm just getting sick of BT in general. I pay EE (part of BT) over £130/month for cellular connections alone +business broadband etc... and they just can't get it right. We also have FTTP on our street and we can't even order it with BT but can with other providers (not your problem I know but just another thing I'm battling with BT about).

The company is too big for it's own boots and poorly managed, it's so frustrating and I honestly think I'm just going to move my business and personal subscriptions and go elsewhere because everything is just a battle with BT and winds me up, I only have so much patience.

Kind Regards
Jacob
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 12

Sorry to hear of your poor experience Jacob. I don't have any connection with the complaints team, so can't help on the overall satisfaction issue, but I do work with an awesome team who can resolve all technical and account issues I throw at them. Let me know if you want me to get them involved.
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 12

I suppose it can't hurt to try?

I've been on to EE again this morning raising the roof i'm so mad. They have raised a complaint and said they would get back to me by 10am (still waiting @ 11am and probably won't get the promised call back).

The last 2 messages I received were one telling me they have removed BT sport from my account, then another saying the complaint ref and it will be resolved within 24 hours (no chance and i'll miss this weekends sport again).

Kind Regards
Jacob
0 Ratings