cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

BT Sport app on firestick

I downloaded the BT Sport app onto my firestick and it was working fine until today where it’s just stuck on the loading screen (BT Sport logo and 3 bouncing dots).

I’ve tried rebooting my router and the firestick but nothing is working. Please help!

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT Sport app on firestick

We heard this from a very small number of users, and the only explanation we've come up with so far is that it is getting stuck half way through loading the remote content - possibly an unreliable internet connection, or a very weak Wifi signal?
The bouncing dots means it has successfully connected to our server, but continuously bouncing means it hasn't finished downloading config yet.

Do other apps open OK? Can you play video in them?
The only suggestion we've been able to make so far is rebooting router and device again.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Hi Darren,

Yes other apps work fine on the firestick to stream video so it’s strange that it’s only the BT Sport one that doesn’t...

will keep trying but my internet connection literally has no problems with anything else.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

OK, sorry about that.
I'm currently working on an update that should hopefully allow us to get the maximum possible detail from a device in circumstances like this, so we can work out exactly what's going on.
You could maybe also try reinstalling the app, in case the cache is somehow corrupt?
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Have you checked that the Firestick is updated with the latest software? Sometimes they are often sold perhaps a year after the original manufacture date.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Yeah I updated it yesterday 😢

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Just tried reinstalling the app and no luck

0 Ratings