cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

BT Sport app to TV

I have the BT Sport app on my iPhone as part of my new two year contract with BT Mobile. I was a bit disappointed on Wednesday when I tried to cast the Liverpool match to my TV using Chromecast and it wouldn’t work. On calling support I was told that unfortunately you can’t cast with the deal I have. Fair enough. However the guy said that with the right lead I could still watch on the big screen by connecting my phone to the HDMI socket on the telly. I’ve done this but although the sound comes through I only get a frozen picture of the action on the TV. Is there any solution to this or is the app blocking this sort of action?
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Sport app to TV

If you have BT broadband you can upgrade to the chargeable app, that supports casting.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Thank you. Quite poor advice from the BT guy then. Despite telling me that the subscription did not support casting he still told me I could achieve the same result by cable thereby causing me unnecessary expense in purchasing one. I am with BT Broadband and asked the question about an upgrade because I had been able to cast using the app when I was with EE so couldn’t see why that wouldn't be possible with BT themselves. He had no idea. Poor show all in all.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 4 of 5

Don't EE charge an extra £10 per month to cast ? plus the cost of the subscription, the chargeable app is currently free for 3 months, then £9 from month 4, that supports casting which works out cheaper than EE.

The version you have is the mobile app, It costs you nothing on BT mobile plans that have 6GB data or more.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Thanks for your input. I kind of thought this was the case. You think the guy at BT mobile would be a little more clued up, wouldn’t you?
0 Ratings