Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
ronymaxwell
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

BT Sport - can I still watch on TV?

Go to solution

I phoned BT a couple of weeks ago to upgrade my broadband to unlimited.  The woman I spoke to persuaded me to take You View assuring me taht I could watch BT Sport on my TV. I've tried everything I can see in Help sections, etc., to get it but can't.  Now I've seen a quote that suggests it's not available on You View for new customers. Can anyone advise me as to the true situation?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT Sport - can I still watch on TV?

Go to solution

You can't get Sky Sport on YouView at the moment.  You can get BT Sport if your line is suitable.  And if BT actually remember to subscribe you to it.

You need an exchange that is multicast-enabled (see https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html ).  You need either Infinity or an ADSL line that is fast enough (about 5.5M).  If you could get Infinity, but have refused it, then BT will be petulent and refuse to give you BT Sport even if your ADSL line could support it.

0 Ratings
ronymaxwell
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution
Thank you. I've emailed them to inquire about subscription.
0 Ratings
ronymaxwell
Beginner
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Emailed them a week ago and still no reply.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

They aren't very good at email.  Try phoning, or if you can't face that, use Live Chat - see the "Contact Us" icon that should be near the top of your screen when you're on this page.

0 Ratings
ronymaxwell
Beginner
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

I have had a call today and I must say, I am very happy with the outcome.  As I suspected from what people have said on here, I can't get BT Sport on my TV.  The woman who sold me the package led me to believe that I could.  The very pleasant and helpful woman who spoke to me today arranged for a significant discount on my BT Essentials package.  My original enquiry had been just to resolve the issue, to find out what the true situation was.  I wasn't looking for compensation particularly, but that's what I got.  It took a while but they got there in the end and I'm very pleased.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

@ronymaxwell wrote:

I have had a call today and I must say, I am very happy with the outcome.  As I suspected from what people have said on here, I can't get BT Sport on my TV.  The woman who sold me the package led me to believe that I could. 

One question. Are you happy that you know the technical reason why you can't currently get BT Sport on BT TV and do you know what to check in future to see if it might become available to you? People on here can give more info if required.

Anyway, good of them to at least compensate you for the original misinformation.

0 Ratings