cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
drc2079
Message 1 of 6

BT Sport cannot order ?

Hi, My name is Darren and my girlfriend and I have BT Broadband and Phone service, she has just re-subscribed to BT for another year and I have been nagging her for ages to sort out BT sport for me so I can watch the football before season finishes! However, she has told me that she cannot progress to ordering it as we don't have infinity package. We live in an area where Infinity is working but I was under impression that we just needed to be on broadband, just having the BT Hub I thought would be fine, we'd just pay the one off fee. You might say why don't you phone or send email ? We have tried phoning however, our landline handset has broken and the cost for mobile is high and when we try we can't get through anyway. Email- I have tried but it wouldn't send. Unfortunately the account is in her name so I'd imagine even if we got through on the phone they wouldn't talk to me unless she verifies me? Please help me as missing my football.

Cheers Darren

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Guru
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT Sport cannot order ?

Darren, seems you have missed out. BT was offering BT Sports over DTT/Freeview for customers who had ordinary broadband. However, from the 25th January 2014, customers can only get BT Sports over their Infinity broadband.

Stew
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 6

You left it too late if you want BT Sport on a Vision+ box.  BT have just discontinued it (though existing customers can keep it for now).  You can still sign up for the sport on-line via a PC, tablet or smartphone (iOS or Android).

0 Ratings
drc2079
Message 4 of 6

Thank you for your help, I take it if I want it now on my tv I need to sign up to infinity. If this is the case, what's the best way to do this as their website makes it really hard to do this?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 6

I wouldn't trust the website unless there really was no alternative. Try the Options Team on 0800 800 030 if you can borrow a handset, otherwise you can call Sales on 0330 1234 150 within your mobile call plan.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 6

@drc2079 wrote:
Thank you for your help, I take it if I want it now on my tv I need to sign up to infinity. If this is the case, what's the best way to do this as their website makes it really hard to do this?

If you really want to do it via the website then try this 'Add BT TV' page.

http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerProducts/displayTopic.do?topicId=27270

Near the bottom of the page there is a 'Check Now' button for Infinity availability for normal broadband customers, If I click on that and then enter my phone number it gives me the option to "Upgrade to BT Infinity and get BT TV".

As I already have Infinity and BT TV I haven't taken it any further. Smiley Happy

0 Ratings