cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 28

Re: BT Sport changes

What about just using the TV guide and press blue to filter on Sport? You can also use the yellow button to edit the channel list and remove channels you don't want to see listed (e.g. channels you don't subscribe to).

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 28

I suspect @DarrenDev  that you don't  use BT TV as your regular source of viewing . The incomplete and flawed hidden  channel facility is something that  should have been addressed long ago yet remains unaddressed.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 28

Actually I do use BT TV as my only source of TV viewing @zulu17 but I don't watch sport.

What's wrong with the channel hiding feature?

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 28

@DarrenDev I have hidden all channels I don't want but as I have all sky sports channels ,  the BT sport channels are after all of these in the EPG. 

Message 15 of 28

Any chance that the series linking will be improved?  Repeatedly have had issues with live WRC particularly when it's jumped between Extra 1 and 2 etc. meaning that if I remember I have to go through and manually set every day's action to record.  That didn't help though for Portugal when Saturday's data suddenly changed to put DTM on two channels at once!

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 28

I don't really understand your use case then @Bluemoon1 ? When you're looking for sport to watch, is the channel it's on relevant? If you filter by sport, you'll see all the sport channels and can scroll through until you find something you want?

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 28

An observation  on using filter

Well following that suggestion

To filter by sport

select guide

press blue

6 remote presses to navigate to Sport

press remote to select

Thats 9 remote actions .

Then only 6 channels listed on EPG screen so further remote actions needed to bring up next 6 etc.

Filter is not remembered so default is for Guide to return to All Channels mode once exited.

Message 18 of 28

Channel hiding deficiencies  include

Channels that are hidden are only not shown in the main EPG view.

The channels still occur if you use the useful MiniGuide and if you navigate previous/next channel

Searches still return On Now and Later results for hidden channel content.

BT Tv app will be unaware of which channerls you have hidden.

Current approach of  SD Sports channerls , HD  and   UHD (non HDR) Sports Channel , SD Extra Sports Channels , HD Extra Sports Channels  & UHD(HDR) Sports channel,  within the EPG channel numbering does not lead to easy navigation.

Message 19 of 28

@DarrenDevThe problem is we sports viewers mostly know if the event is going to be on BT Sport or Sky Sport or on Eurosport so quite like the convenience of being able to see at a glance those channels listed together without having to scroll past a load of channels which are definitely not of interest at that time. As it is we for BT Sport we are having to look at two separate parts of the of the EPG.

Personally I a use Harmony remote control in which I have Favourites set up to take me to the BT Sport or the Sky Sport or the Eurosport part of the EPG but I also need another favourite to take me to the BT Sport Extra part of the EPG. Especially with the upcoming renaming it is a UI nonsense to to have to do this.

I have said it before and I will say it again, the people running BT Sport cannot be be real sports fans and do not understand the sports-viewing mentality.

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 28

Bear in mind that 99% of the time, the BT Sport Extra channels don't have any content, so prioritising them over the other sports channels that are 24x7 (e.g. Sky) wouldn't make sense, and would most likely require contract renegotiations.  Renaming BT Sport Extra 1-6 to BT Sport 5-10 won't change the content they show.

0 Ratings