cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 28

Re: BT Sport changes

Will they atleast go 50p on the App or will they remain limited to 720p25?

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 28

No changes to the channels other than the name and the logo - including no change to the channel quality.
I wouldn't expect this decision to change in the BT Sport app. Different quality levels may be provided when the channels are added to the Discovery+ app.
0 Ratings
Message 23 of 28

Not gonna lie; thats really quite disappointing not even 720p50 will be offered for the 5-10 streams. 25fps is just a big no for a subscription sports service.

Is there a timeline for the channels availability on Discovery+ ?

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 28

Any chance that the series linking will be improved?  Repeatedly have had issues with live WRC particularly when it's jumped between Extra 1 and 2 etc. meaning that if I remember I have to go through and manually set every day's action to record.  That didn't help though for Portugal when Saturday's data suddenly changed to put DTM on two channels at once!

Unsurprisingly it hasn't improved and I forgot to check it myself so I've missed some stages,  I assume this is partly to do with the changeover form Extra 1 to BT Sport 5.  Is there any chance of this being resolved @DarrenDev?

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 28

Channel renames won't have changed anything regarding series link.
Is it specifically the "WRC Review" programme you're saying is being moved around? Do you have an example of when it last happened? I'll try to trace it through the systems.
0 Ratings
Message 26 of 28

No it's the live stages listed as "Live WRC: [Name of Rally], particularly if it switches extra channels over the weekend.

This is for the stages that are on BT Sport Extra (now called 5-10) as that is where every stage is shown live when as on the 24/7 BT Sport channels you only get a stage or two each day. 

One to look at would be the one in terms of the EPG would be Portugal on 21/5 when it was replaced by DTM on two Extra channels. WRC was shown but obviously nothing matched the EPG. 

Otherwise look for rallies (can't remember specific ones) where it was on BT Sport Extra 1 on Friday but then due to other sport was on Extra 2/3 on Saturday. 

0 Ratings
Message 27 of 28

only observation s

typically BT will allocate and schedule all the WRC coverage on the Extra channel (s) with a number of programmes throughout the weekend typically Friday , Sat, Sunday. The main channel coverage normally  includes live  or delayed coverage of a few special stages and a review. 
 I think Portugal WRC was back in May so the issue/confusion with DTM  and WRC  coverage  may not be traceable now,

typically BT use different series links for the content when shown on different channels , so where content is split across two or more channels the content of the different channels would   I suspect be deemed as separate series (ie different series CRID)  and indeed where late changes are made  the programming may not be allocated as part of a series (ie no series CRID). 

Message 28 of 28

Yes I've sort of figured out a while ago that switching channels causes issues with series links, so as mentioned try to remember to check each weekend. Even so I'd have though that they should at least be remembered for the next rally but more than once I've had issues. Ok granted I've had issues with the Pro box so it might be one of them happened after a factory reset but I don't think that was the case for all of them.

One option would surely be just to stick to one channel for the season and if it's decided that over the course of the year there will be other sports that'll take priority on BT Sport 5/6, why not stick it on BT Sport 10? 

0 Ratings