cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StuartTaylor
Beginner
Message 1 of 34

BT Sport does not work with Powerline Adapters?

Go to solution

Had standard BT Broadband for past couple of months, Youview box, Hub3, and Powerline adapters since Hub is in different room from Youview box/TV, everything working fine.

Upgraded to Infinity and engineer installed yesterday, Hub5 upgrade, and assured me everything would work.

Checked last night and couldnt get BT Sport. Went on-line to make sure BT Sport was enabled, and now see there is a message saying BT Sport or 'other additional channels' will not work with the Powerline adapters, but they will send foc a 10m ethernet cable to connect Hub5 to Youview box!

I can't believe this, and the engineer clearly didnt know.

0 Ratings
33 REPLIES 33
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 34

Re: BT Sport does not work with Powerline Adapters?

Go to solution

Welcome Stuart 

I suspect you may be getting sidetracked with the Powerline Adapter - do/they/don't they work debate - generally they do but are not supported.

Your absence of Bt sports is probably down to either it not being ordered for the Youview box or the configuration(s) not yet having been set up to receive it.

If you had Youview from BT over BT ADSL (standard broadband) the Youview box and/or your ISP profile will probably not have been enabled for it to receive broadband channels such as BT Sports.  So when you look at your Youview EPG (programming guide) do you see channels 507-509 listed in the guide for BT Sports 1 , 2 & ESPN.

Secondly what are the software versions that your Youview box is at.

(Settings >System Information > Software versions).

Also did you specifically order (its a  free addon but generally has to be ordered) BT sports on Youview ? It doesn't tend to be automatically added and there can be complications if you opt to switch from one method of receiving BT sport to another.

0 Ratings
StuartTaylor
Beginner
Message 3 of 34

Go to solution

Thanks for the reply.

Started working yesterday, BT couldn't tell me what the problem was, but it has just started working 5 days after having infinity installed and ordering BTSports, and rebooting everything umpteen times.

And yippee that is with the Powerline adapters, phew, I didnt want to have to install a cable line between the two rooms.

So if it helps anyone - yes poweline adapters work fine, i have infinity, the new Hub5, and a YouView box. but I suppose it depends on your own setup.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 34

Go to solution
Great to hear you're up and running StuartTaylor. Thanks for letting us know.

Cheers

David
Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
lvmha08
Beginner
Message 5 of 34

Go to solution

Hi,  As a customer of BT In have a BT Vision + box and infinity to deliver my Bt vision services.  My hub 3 is located in a different room to my TV set and until recently I have been able to watch BT sport on my TV via the use of a Powerline adapter.  However, I have recently upgraded my Bt vision package to include a variety of popular Freeview channels and HD channels.  I am no longer able to receive either of the BT Sport packages - as the distance between the hub and then TV position is greater than 10m am I faced with requesting BT to come and move the socket to enable the TV/BT Vision box to plug directly into the hub? 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 34

Go to solution

You could always install your own data extension that would give you an extended port off your hub to wher your TV is located.

Search on that well know internet auction site (other sites also available) for BROADBAND DATA EXTENSION KIT

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
Hunter2660
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 34

Go to solution

@lvmha08 wrote:

Hi,  As a customer of BT In have a BT Vision + box and infinity to deliver my Bt vision services.  My hub 3 is located in a different room to my TV set and until recently I have been able to watch BT sport on my TV via the use of a Powerline adapter.  However, I have recently upgraded my Bt vision package to include a variety of popular Freeview channels and HD channels.  I am no longer able to receive either of the BT Sport packages - as the distance between the hub and then TV position is greater than 10m am I faced with requesting BT to come and move the socket to enable the TV/BT Vision box to plug directly into the hub? 

Just a thought, are you getting the extra channels you've ordered? If so BT Sports may be missing from your entitlements. You can check through the help and settings on your Vision box. BT Sport should be listed among your entitlements.

0 Ratings
lvmha08
Beginner
Message 8 of 34

Go to solution

just looked at my entitlements but cannot see BT sport - how do I go about getting it reinstated? thanks

0 Ratings
lvmha08
Beginner
Message 9 of 34

Go to solution

message on screen tells me I will need to subscribe to watch these channels and to contact BT for availability

0 Ratings
Hunter2660
Recognised Expert
Message 10 of 34

Go to solution

It's the dreaded phone call I'm afraid. Shouldn't take long to rectify though, a matter of minutes.

0 Ratings