cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 16

BT Sport error code IPC6023

Go to solution

I have just upgraded to Fibre 100 with Halo 3 and the BT TV Pro Box (on wifi) and have BT Sport.  Everything works fine, until I try to watch BT Sport - then all I get is the IPC 6023 error message.  Can stream the sport on a tablet without problem, but just can't get the game on the TV.  Have followed the hard switch-off, switch-on routine, the speed test is fine - what else can I do?  SO frustrating...

0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16

Re: BT Sport error code IPC6023

Go to solution

@JaseT 

Perhaps a read through this topic may help :

BT Community - IPC6023 error on BT Sport 

Message 3 of 16

Go to solution

Thanks Carlusha!  I had read that post when I searched for ideas, but the solution refers to an Openreach Modem, which (as far as I know), I don't have - just the HomeHub and TV Box.  I've disconnected both and re-started, but to no avail...

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 16

Go to solution

@JaseT  The HomeHub is a router/modem combined, so obviously the suggestion remains valid BUT if you have already tried the reset then I am out of suggestions.

However, since your "other" devices function OK, it might be an idea to try connecting your TV box via ethernet just to check whether this is a wifi range problem.

Message 5 of 16

Go to solution

Hi @JaseT, welcome back, and sorry you're getting this error when trying to watch BT Sport.

The advice by @Carlusha  is correct and if you're using wireless just test with Ethernet so we can confirm if this is the problem.

If it still isn't working try the steps below and let us know how you get on.

1. Check you have a working broadband connection on another piece of equipment like a laptop or PC. Extra TV channels are delivered using your broadband.

2. If you've got a connection, your broadband speed may not be fast enough to receive these channels - Test your speed
  3. If your download speed is below 5mbps then you may have a broadband speed fault
  4. If broadband is working and is fast enough then check the connection between your Hub and TV box. It should be connected with an ethernet cable rather than powerline adapters
  5. If you still see the error message then try restarting your equipment by following these steps:
    • First, restart your Hub
    • Wait for the broadband light on your Hub to go blue
    • Restart your TV box, using the power switch on the back
    • Now check if you still receive the error
  6. If you're watching an HD version of a channel, switch to the standard version, i.e., BT Sport 1 instead of BT Sport 1 HD

Cheers

John

Message 6 of 16

Go to solution

If you have Fibre 100 then you must have FTTP, & therefore must have what is somewhat erroneously referred to as a "modem". It will be the white box, probably close to where the fibre cable enters the property.

Message 7 of 16

Go to solution
Fibre 100 is also available on FTTC (with G.Fast) @rbz5416, which wouldn't have an ONT.
Message 8 of 16

Go to solution
Thanks, will give it a go this evening.
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 16

Go to solution

@DarrenDev 

Thanks, wasn't aware that g.fast went to 100mb.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 16

Go to solution

Hi @JohnC2 

I can't connect the Homehub to the BT TV pro box via ethernet cable directly as they are in separate (but adjoining) rooms.  That was the reason for upgrading the TV box in the first place.  The old box used to connect via powerline adapters and I never had a problem with watching BT Sport, so didn't expect any issues.  I have connected the new box that way, rebooted everything, established the internet connection is ok and then tried BT Sport only to get the same IPC6023 error.  I then switched everything off, disconnected the powerline adapters,  restarted with WiFi and still have the same problem.

I have tested the download speed on the My BT app on my phone and get 79mb - less than the guaranteed speed of 100mb but sufficient for BT Sport to work? The only other thing on the network is a BT WiFi extender disk.  I've tried the sport with and without that plugged in but that makes no difference.

I can stream the sport to a tablet without problem, so it's not a subscription issue.  Any advice you can offer would be much appreciated. Thanks! 

0 Ratings