cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 16

Re: BT Sport error code IPC6023

Go to solution

Maybe worth picking up a long ethernet cable that you can route through the door on a temporary basis, just to rule out connectivity between the Box & router for certain. Unless you have a small TV you can easily place near the router & connect the Pro Box to that just to test.

Message 12 of 16

Go to solution

Hi @JaseT 

Thank you for posting back!

Which variant of the BT Sport channel are you trying to watch? SD or HD?  If HD, can you try the SD variant to see if the same error message comes up?

It'll be easier for us to take this offline and go through steps with you until this is sorted.  I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Thanks,

Robbie

Message 13 of 16

Go to solution

By way of update - still getting the same IPC 6023 message. 

OpenReach engneer has been out today and has verified that multi-cast packet data can be seen both ways on the OpenReach network and that the problem is therefore with BT as the provider.  There is apparently something preventing the multi-cast packet data being delivered to the BT TV Pro Box and not with the broadband/ wi-fi (which explains why catch-up TV/Netflix, etc streams fine, but the BT Sport subscription channel does not).  Can stream the sport onto tablet/phone without problem, but just cannot get it on the TV.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 16

Go to solution

I had this issue on the standard youview box, wired into a WiFi disc. Could watch sport on the apps on the box, but not on the channel. I have FTTP.

Upgraded to Pro box and same issue.

Tried long ethernet cable, but same problem.

Tech guy coming tomorrow. Will post an update. 

I haveand P 

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 16

Go to solution

Just by way of update - problem now solved and the football is on (at last)!  The problem was at the exchange apparently, where there was some form of wrong setting that prevented multi-cast packets being delivered to me.  Not a clue what that means but following weeks of head-scratching and numerous visits from Openreach and BT (each saying the fault lies with the other), we’re finally sorted. 

I hope the above diagnosis assists someone else with the same problem.  Thanks to all who contributed and sought to help. 

Message 16 of 16

Go to solution

Problem was fixed after 3 months, but now it's come back.

TV now connected via ethernet. Same symptoms as the multicast issue from before.

So frustrating, as each time I have to go through the rigmarole of powering everything down in order, bringing them all back, doing factory resets, etc., before BT will believe me and look their end.

0 Ratings