cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pamfellows
Beginner
Message 11 of 25

Re: BT Sport is FREE HA HA HA the jokes on me.

Exactly I have been a BT customer since we had a phone installed.  I have wasted hours waiting on the help line to speak to someone about BT Sport.  We have had phone, broadband and BT Vision for years.  BT rang me about changing to Infinity and told me we would be able to get free BT Sport, one of the reasons I agreed to change.  Now I find I will have to pay £40 for a new box.  BT do this all the time some years ago when we ordered the Home Hub new customers received a free handset existing customers did not.  To add insult to injury we cannot get BT Sport without paying £40 but we have also lost ESPN.

0 Ratings
Hunter2660
Recognised Expert
Message 12 of 25

If you have Infinity you will still get ESPN, and in HD. You could always buy a retail YouView box if you wish and get the same channels. Your choice.

0 Ratings
pamfellows
Beginner
Message 13 of 25

We have Infinity but ESPN seems to have vanished without a trace.  

0 Ratings
Hunter2660
Recognised Expert
Message 14 of 25

I take it your viewing BT Sports on ch 58 & 59. With Infinity the sports channels are on ch 507-512. If you can't see these channels you probably need a software update. Could you check this in your Help & Settings in your Vision box:

Help & Settings > Settings > System Information > Middleware Version

Tell us exactly what is listed.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
pamfellows
Beginner
Message 15 of 25

Thanks I will try that.

0 Ratings
Hunter2660
Recognised Expert
Message 16 of 25

Hang on a bit, you don't have the silver box by any chance do you?

0 Ratings
pamfellows
Beginner
Message 17 of 25

No it is black but just says BT Vision not + I have just checked and for ESPN is says no information.  Think I am just going to have to purchase a new box, would be nice if BT showed a bit more loyalty to long time customers though.  Don't paticularly want to sit in a front of a small PC screen watching it online.  Thanks for your help though.

0 Ratings
Hunter2660
Recognised Expert
Message 18 of 25

It sounds as if you have the early Pace box, the same as me. Good news is you don't need a new box, mine is running all the Sports channels, including Sky Sports, and the extra channels without issue. It will need a software update depending on what the middlewhere version is showing. If you could go into the Vision menu and follow the path I suggested above to the middlewhere version and tell us what is showing we could advise more. ESPN is only streamed through Infinity not over the air.

To help if it's showing something like 4.65.4 REV.1 256 BUILD 243196 JAN 11 2013 then that is the old software and it needs updating to receive the sport and extra channels

0 Ratings
enitnall
Message 19 of 25

I had a fault with my silver box and BT replaced it in April with a black box, an engineer coming and setting it all up. Yesterday I tried to watch BT sport but got the "you need a viewing card" message. After 1 1/2 hours on the phone I was told my account didn't register my black box, then after being pushed to several different sections I was finally told my black box is not capable of receiving BT Sport. What?!!!!!!!! New box in April not suitable for sport in August and I need to buy new box for £49 + £5 each month. Is this how they make their money. I know technology moves fast but did they not know they would launch Sport back in April, why give me a box out of date then. BT Sport Free not on your life, their whole advertisment is missleading. BT = **bleep** Terrible.

0 Ratings
pamfellows
Beginner
Message 20 of 25

Will do, at the moment my husband is watching World Athletics Championship, but I will do it as soon as I can gain access.  Many thanks.

0 Ratings