cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

BT Sport no cooling off period

I renewed my BT Broadband two days ago and told the operator I no longer needed BT sport. He was very helpful and offered me a discount on the old price so after a conversation with him said yes. Two days later I have realised it really is a service I don't use and as such the money saving per month was a better option. At no stage during the renewal conversation was I told as a digital platform BT Sport has NO cooling off period ! So after trying to up sale me again just now suggesting i should take up my Sky related channels through BT after just trying to cancel

sport with someone I have been told I can only cancel after paying BT in excess of £350 to do so! so I basically have no choice but to keep the service for 24 months?

BT need to be very very clear on this issue I genuinely feel I have been misled on this and up sold a service I had stated I didn't want. especially as I have been loyal to BT for many many years. Poor indeed 

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: BT Sport no cooling off period

Hi @wightwings 

There was something telling me you have 14 days cooling off by law. Upon googling it the Citizens Advice seem to indicate this also: 

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/consumer/phone-internet-downloads-or-tv/cancelling-a-phone-tv-inte...

The thing that isn’t very clear is if it applies at renewal. 

It could be a case that the advisor doesn’t understand the cooling off period, might be worth trying again, and if you get the same answer, ask to escalate to the complaints team.

MikeAlanR

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Your right to cancel
You can cancel your order up to 14 days from when your service starts or kit arrives, whichever is latest. You'll need to pay for anything you've used, and you'll have to return the kit we've sent you, at your own cost, within 14 days of telling us you want to cancel. Then we'll refund anything you've paid for that kit within 14 days of getting it back.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

@wightwings 

You should have received notification from BT with details of the new contract you agreed and also the T&C including the cooling off

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

It's because so many abused it, people would order BT Sport and watch the event, then cancel the following day, which is why there is no cooling off period, see BT Sport terms

5. You can't change your mind

You've asked us to start suppling the content to you immediately and because of that you agree that you do not have a right to cancel, except as set out in clause 13.

Message 6 of 8

apparently is because it digital not actual equipment
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

would get that if ordered on a Friday and cancelled on a Monday but from Tuesday midday to the Thursday midday lol and added to that i have been with bt sport before this for a long time.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

@wightwingswrote:
would get that if ordered on a Friday and cancelled on a Monday but from Tuesday midday to the Thursday midday lol and added to that i have been with bt sport before this for a long time.

Your right to cancel ends when the call ends, during the same call you can change your mind so the advisor can cancel the order just placed, once you hang up that's it because the order will close in minutes for your BT Sport subscription.

0 Ratings