cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 33

BT Sport 'no live sport' discount

I applied for and got the discount/refund for BT Sport for April. Email from BT says will continue to get this until live sport resumes, so don't need to apply every month. Still no live sport but I haven't been given the discount in May's bill. 

Don't want to have to phone cos they'll be mega busy but can't see any other way of contacting.

Anyone else had this problem?

0 Ratings
32 REPLIES 32
Contributor
Message 2 of 33

Re: BT Sport 'no live sport' discount

@Lou59  A post by a moderator yesterday  in another thread they are currently in the process of applying this months credits but they may not be applied in time for this months bill so will be used against next months so keep an eye on your account, I’ll be doing the same 

Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 33

Thanks for this - I will see what happens. Strange how they managed to add it in time last month though....
0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 33

@Lou59   Check “what’s happened since my last bill” section.  I missed it until bt pointed it out. 

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 5 of 33

@Lou59  Just to let you know the credits will definitely arrive as my second credit has just been applied to my account within the last couple of hours 

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 33

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I've looked there but it just has April's discount, nothing for May & nothing in the main bill either.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 33

Ok I'll keep my fingers crossed - payment hasn't actually gone from my account yet so there's still some  hope (although I don't understand why it isn't mentioned in the BT sport section of the bill & the total owed)

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 33

Well I should have known better than to expect this to be sorted.....

No refund applied to my May bill - full payment has been taken BUT my bill now shows I'm£6 in credit i.e. the £6 that they clearly should have deducted from May's total.

Annoyed? You bet!!!! Particularly given that they got it right in April! How can they manage to do it wrong for May or is it just a con to hang on to my money for another month -  and it is actually my money, not a  discount at all, because I have been charged for a service which has not been supplied (which is theft, in fact).

Is there any way that I can complain which doesn't involve waiting in a phone queue for ages?

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 9 of 33

did u make a claim for mays discount although live sport is returning Saturday so u wont be able to apply for more discounts however if u made a claim it should have appeared on ur may bill depending when u made the claim 

0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 33

@Lou59 

If the credit is showing on your MyBT account it sounds like the credit was applied to your account after the direct debit had already been requested. BT apply for direct debits 5-7 days before it's taken from your bank account. 

You should be able to get the £6 refunded to your account if you contact BT.

SP

0 Ratings