Did you mean: 
Aspiring Expert
Message 11 of 33

Re: BT Sport 'no live sport' discount

@Rizzlers066  Come on. People didn’t sign up for live German football 

Recognised Expert
Message 12 of 33

@Lou59 when was there no sport at all on BT Sport? I get that there is no live sport but how is it theft if there has been sport contents on the channels?

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 33

I can see what you mean but I only have BT Sport for MotoGP and to watch the new/live races . I’ve  already paid for the old ones in previous years as I’ve been with BT as long as they’ve had MotoGP - but only because they have MotoGP.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 33

I made a claim in April & have email confirmation which says that it will automatically be applied every month that there is no live sport & that I don’t have to apply for it each month. So I don’t understand why they haven’t refunded it for this month.Given that they’ve said I’m now £6 in credit they clearly accept that my application is valid.

0 Ratings
Recognised Expert
Message 15 of 33

From what i've seen on here it looks like they may be a bit behind this month, if you're in credit looks like it may have been applied after your bill was paid this month instead

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 33

They managed to get it right in April so why get it wrong in May?

I have an email confirmation which says it will be refunded every month whilst there is no live sport and that I do not have to apply each month - so I can't see why they've got it wrong this time.

Also, bill now says that as I've paid 'full price' I'm now£6 in credit - so they knew it should have been deducted when they took the money yesterday.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 33

I appreciate what you are saying but my point is that they got it right in April and refunded the £6 in time to take the 'discounted' amount then, so how come they've now got it wrong in May? ( I could understand it if it had been the other way around).

I appreciate that some people probably think "it's only£6" but sadly BT have a bit of a history of getting my bills wrong, so I do have a low threshold re this. 

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 18 of 33

I get that but bt wont see it that way live sport is live sport whether is german English Italy watever I have been charged full price since the shut down until today when my bill arrived I had the discount listed but im pretty sure come Saturday that 1 month free credit will be taken down
0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 33

I and many others did not sign up to BTSport for live German football or re-runs of old sporting events &  would not have signed up had we known that was the 'deal'

As I've said before, I only watch MotoGP but I accept that when live UK football or live UK cricket or similar start again I'll have to pay whether I watch it or not - because that is the deal.

But we are not there yet & BT offered this discount so should be in a position to  pay it on time  -especially as this is the second month in this situation. I could understand a delay if it was the first time.

My gripe is that they did the refund on time in April - so clearly they accept my claim (in fact I've got email confirmation) - so why not get it right for May?

0 Ratings
Recognised Expert
Message 20 of 33

@Lou59 we're in the middle of a global pandemic & BT are obviously feeling the effects as well. With the way the credits are working theres likely staff going in & manually applying the credit off the back of the form being applied. The staff levels are likely being affected so maybe they should be cut some slack as well given that your credit has been applied on your account just slightly too late for your bill on this occasion