cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

BT Sport not 50fps on Android TV App

Go to solution

Bought a new Android TV last week, the BT Sport app only shows at 25fps watching live on BT Sport 1 with the Android TV app. The quality is definitely HD at least but the frame rate is not 50. The app works fine and has 50hz refresh rate on my Xbox and it's definitely not an issue with my internet. Is it an issue with Android because something got messed up with the Twitch app recently too?

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT Sport not 50fps on Android TV App

Go to solution
BT Sport 1 isn't broadcast in full HD at 25fps, so either you weren't getting HD, or you were getting 50fps.
Use the device checker (from the cog in the top right) to confirm that your connection speed is suitable for HD.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution
Device checker says my internet is suitable to watch 4K HDR. It’s definitely HD quality when watching but it’s not smooth at all compared to watching on my Xbox or phone app. Doesn’t seem to be stuttering or anything just stuck at the same frame rate.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution
Could you please send me a DM with the BT ID you're logged in as? I'll check what frame rate our stats show for your session.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

OK, so I can see you watched AC Milan v Sassuolo last night.

For this, you watched the top quality stream and your TV reported that it managed to display an average 48 frames per second - that's classed as excellent.

What I can see however is that your TV is configured to run at 720p60.  When displaying 50Hz video on a 60Hz display, it's forced to repeat 10 frames every second - causing a judder.

The BT Sport app attempts to temporarily reconfigure the display to 50Hz on launch, however unfortunately your TV didn't offer it as an option to the app.

Your TV didn't tell us exactly which model it is, but it did declare that it could display up to 1080p.  If it offers any options to change the resolution and frame rate then I would suggest 1080p at 50 frames per second to get the best experience from BT Sport.  If there's an "auto" option then this will allow apps to switch content to the best format for them.

Message 6 of 6

Go to solution
I just checked and my TV only runs Android 9 TV, which doesn't have refresh rate switching because it was added with Android TV 12, otherwise there's no setting to change it. I'll just stick to using Xbox to watch on my TV then.
0 Ratings