Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
souljacker1974
Beginner
Message 1 of 11

BT Sport not being activated on Sky

Hi,

We changed our broadband to BT (mainly for BT sports) on 8th august 2013, I immediately signed us up to the BT Sport APP so my son could watch the footy.

The same day we had SKY installed and (believing I had to) I rang BT to activate BT Sports on Sky. I spoke to the operator who said it was already activated and to give it up to 24 hours to get going.

The next day (9th august) nothing had happened so I rang up again and spoke to "Chris" who said it was only set up for the APP and he took my viewing card details etc and orderd BT sports on Sky for me. I received an email for the order.

24 hours later still no BT sports on Sky, rang again, spoke to "Catherine" who said my order hadn't been "pushed through" and would need cancelling and then re-ordering but she needed to speak to someone else to do this so needed to put me on hold. After about 10 seconds of music the line went dead!

Rang straight back and spoke to "Mel". She didn't seem to be as knowledgable as the previous lady and said BT sports was activated at her end so couldn't see the problem. After going back and forth for a couple of minutes I ASKED HER to take my order number and see what she could see. She did and then said it hadn't been completed but it would DEFINITELY be done today (10th august) and that they actually had 24-48 hours to activate the card. If not I COULD RING BACK TOMORROW!!!

I've just sent an email asking for help and the automated response says it can be up to 10 DAYS before I can expect a reply!!!

FFS is BT sport really worth it? I'm already thinking of cancelling my broadband and moving everything to sky!

Can anyone from BT help get my SKY activated please? Or alternatively is there a DIRECT number I can ring to get this sorted please?

Thanks!

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
souljacker1974
Beginner
Message 2 of 11

Re: BT Sport not being activated on Sky

Sky STILL hasn't been activated! 72 hours since initially being told it was set up. 48 hours have passed since re-ordering and its supposed to be done in 24!

Any advice/help available please?
0 Ratings
footballfreak08
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 11

only thing you can do is keep phoning and complaining. double check they have your sky card number correct.. maybe they have copied it down wrongly.. 

0 Ratings
souljacker1974
Beginner
Message 4 of 11

Hi footballfreak08,

Yeah was kind of expecting that would be my only option, have checked the Sky Card number is correct with the staff on the phone (and its correct on the order email) so dont know what the hold up is!

Thanks for taking the time to reply!

0 Ratings
zleon
Beginner
Message 5 of 11

In the exact same boat ( well, actually already with infinity before  sport channel was announced). the silnece is terrible. OK online and apps. i wonder if this is a 'stand-off' issue between the 2 companies??

0 Ratings
souljacker1974
Beginner
Message 6 of 11

Hi Zleon,

Yeah you may be right but I think its more a case of ANOTHER big company being eager for your money but NOT set up adequately to deal with the response to their highly publicised offer!

Have just spent another 25+ mins on the phone. Initially got through to a Scottish chap who asked me if I wanted to add BT Sports to Sky, when I told him I had already orderd it two days ago and was still waiting for it to be activated he said I needed to talk to Tech Support about it and gave me their number and said to say "Fault" NOT "BT Sport" to the automated system.

Did that, and after waiting I got through to a lady who looked at my account and said that my order HADN'T been completed and that she needed to speak to the orders dept to see why. She put me on hold and a few minutes later came back to tell me that the orders dept was closed today and that I would need to ring back again tomorrow! SHE said it was the orders dept I needed NOT Tech Support.

Part of my (and I'm guessing a lot of others peoples frustration) is that you wait so long to speak to someone after battling through the long winded automated system and still don't know if you are through to the correct dept. Having said that it seems the staff don't know who to put you through to either!

I hope you get your service activated asap!

0 Ratings
footballfreak08
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 11

Dont see why they would think it was a tech support problem when its just getting it activated onto Sky. Looks like a lot of orders arent getting processed properly first time.

0 Ratings
souljacker1974
Beginner
Message 8 of 11

No I don't think it needs Tech Support either. Have been told my order hasn't been completed so it sounds like someone just needs to press the "Send" button or something yet the 4-5 people I've spoken to so far seem unable to do this!
0 Ratings
souljacker1974
Beginner
Message 9 of 11

Made another phone call this morning (approx 11.30pm) lasting 23 mins or so, was told that my original order had "failed" but they weren't sure why. An "offline team" was looking into it and would be in touch by phone within 24-48 hours.

Around 30 mins ago (8.30pm) i received an automated call saying BT Sport was set up and would be available in 15 mins+.

9pm I'm VERY happy to say that it is now up and running on Sky and we are watching BT Sport as I type! BIG thanks to the unknown employee(s) who sorted it for me!
0 Ratings
footballfreak08
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 11

Thats good news then .. Shame it took so much time to be fixed.

0 Ratings