Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bill4
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

BT Sport not working and general disfunction in service

Go to solution

I'm having a very frustrating time with BT. One of the main reasons for choosing BT was for the Champions league. BT Sport is not working.

I activated my BT ID a few days ago, but have been unable to access my account. Today I tried to watch a Champions league game. It would not let me.

I spoke to BT on the phone. I was told I had not activated my ID. I had - it had been confirmed that I had. However,  I went through a rather tortuous process of doing it all again. That done, it still did not work and I still could not access my account or BT Sport.

We went through it all again. Finally I could access my account.  

However, when it came to trying to watch a game I am told there are problems with cookies. I do what it tells me to do and it still doesn't work. 

I called BT again. I was cut off. 

I called again, I got an automated message that the service closes at 9 p.m. 

It is described as 24 hours so I am trying again. I will update if I get through.  I have already wasted the length of a football match (90 minutes) trying to resolve this. 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Sport not working and general disfunction in service

Go to solution

Hi @Bill4 

welcome to the community

You don't mention which device you are using to watch BT Sport.

Is it a PC if so

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/45987/~/bt-sport-errors-watching-on-a-computer

gives some info about cookies. ?

0 Ratings
Bill4
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks Zulu, I got through to BT again in the end. We could not get BT sport  working with a mac mini using Safari and in the end the BT rep suggested downloading Firefox & that worked. 

Apart from being cut off - the BT support was good, but the technical problems getting my account up and running and not being able to watch BT sport on my usual browser were disappointing and I missed seeing the Champions league live  tonight. 

0 Ratings
BT Sport Expert
BT Sport Expert
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Really sorry you had a frustrating experience here Bill4. Glad you now do have access. 

The Safari issue is a problem with the latest Apple Catalina upgrade and is being seen across a lot of video players. Apple are looking at a fix and as a tech company, they're not bad 🙂 so i'm sure they'll get a fix in before long.

In the meantime use another browser as you have.

Enjoy the action this weekend! And glad to have you with BT. Feel free to feed back any issues you have with the app / web in future!

Bill4
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution
Thanks Kit, much appreciated
0 Ratings