cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
idavies999
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 24

BT Sport on Amazon Fire TV

I have just bought an Amazon Fire TV stick but I cant get the BT Sport on it, I subscribe to the BT Sport App but would like it on my Kindle Fire TV. I have no idea how to do this.

Can anyone help me to be able to do it.

Thanks

0 Ratings
23 REPLIES 23
albertj
Contributor
Message 2 of 24

Re: BT Sport on Amazon Fire TV

https://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/62279/~/how-to-install-the-bt-tv-app---amazon-fire-t....

If you have the one with Alexa Voice Remote, just hold this button at the top (looks like a microphone) say 'BT TV', click on it and install it. Then login.
--
Please press the thumbs up if you found my response useful and mark it as a solution if I resolved your query.
0 Ratings
idavies999
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 24

I did have that but when I tried to Login it said I needed BT Extra or something and BT website says (BT TV App Extra doesn’t include Sky Sports or Sky Movies) So I wasn't sure if it would work.

I'm really confused.

0 Ratings
Hunter2660
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 24

BT Sport isn't available on the Fire TV. The BTTV app extra, (which costs £5), is for those who have a BTTV box and gives access to the extra BT channels available with their BTTV subscription.

idavies999
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 24

Ahh right, I have the BT Sport App on my iPhone, can anyone recommend a good app for Amazon Fire TV which will allow me to airplay from my iPhone to my Amazon Fire  TV stick in that case. 

0 Ratings
albertj
Contributor
Message 6 of 24

AirScreen - can't post the link due to rules, sorry!
But honestly I have mixed success with this, so I don't know if this would work very well, worth a try though.
--
Please press the thumbs up if you found my response useful and mark it as a solution if I resolved your query.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 24

@idavies999 wrote:

I did have that but when I tried to Login it said I needed BT Extra or something and BT website says (BT TV App Extra doesn’t include Sky Sports or Sky Movies) So I wasn't sure if it would work.

I'm really confused.

Hi @idavies999,

Welcome back to the Community, thanks for posting.

Sorry to hear that you are finding the BT Sport app and it's add on's a tad confusing. Hopefully, I can help clear this up for you.  Customers with the BT Sport app will be able to view the app on small screens (mobile devices and tablets etc) but if a customer wants to view the app on a larger screen (Smart TV, Firesticks) they will need to take the App Extra add on which is £5 per month. 

Hope this helps?

Matt

Community ModeratorMatt
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
idavies999
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 24

Hi Matt

I currently have BT Sport App on iPhone 

Can you clarify exactly what I need to make BT Sport available on my Amazon Fire TV

Is it BT TV which I can get for £5 a month essential package and £5 for App Extra? Or do I need something else as well. 

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 24

@idavies999 you will need the BT TV App extra which is charged at £5 per month. This will give you access to displaying the app on large screens including Amazon Firesticks.

You will be able to add the BT Sport App Extra to your account via your online My BT account. 

Let me know how you get on? 

Matt

Community ModeratorMatt
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
BT Sport Expert
BT Sport Expert
Message 10 of 24

Hi @idavies999,

To be absolutely clear. We have 2 apps - BT Sport App and BT TV App. These are separate.

The BT Sport app is NOT available on the Amazon firestick.

The BT TV app IS available on firestick if you have BT TV app extra bolt-on. You can then watch channels on BT TV through the firestick app, including BT Sport if you have that entitlement.

What package do you have @idavies999?

BT Sport expertKitH
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
I am a BT Employee and an expert on BT Sport queries. I am here volunteering my own time to give advice and help, where I can, on BT Sport queries. Go here for more info.
0 Ratings