cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

BT Sport on Mobile Upgrade to Big Screen

Hi, I have BT Sport on Mobile with my phone contract which allows me to watch on mobile devices only, is there any upgrade available to be able to cast to large screen without having to pay the full £15 for the BT Sport App? I may be wrong but I believe EE customers can do this for £5 per month.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: BT Sport on Mobile Upgrade to Big Screen

Afraid not @saltyseadog1 - there are no BT Sport upgrade options from a BT Mobile subscription.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Thanks @DarrenDev , seems strange to me that despite having BT Fibre with Halo and a BT Mobile contract, others can access BT Sport large screen through a 3rd party mobile contract while I can't as a BT customer directly.

The "worth £10" that BT promote when ordering is partly a false claim, if it is worth £10 then large screen access should cost an extra £5 so that you would then be paying £15 in total, the same as people purchasing the full app at the full price of £15.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

I'm not in propositions, so I can't comment on why it's not available - I suspect due to market cannibalisation.
All I can say is that this option isn't available, and there are no plans to make it available. BT Broadband customers are encouraged to get BT Sport as part of the broadband contract to get the best possible BT Sport service in the best available quality.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

OK thank you for your help clarifying @DarrenDev, some time ago I did have BT Sport HD with a BT TV package but didn't watch enough to justify it so we cancelled. I would have been happy to pay an extra £5 for the odd occasion I wanted to watch something on TV but don't feel it's worth paying an extra £15 for something I already have access to (albeit on small screen only).

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

I have a chromecast which allows me to put it on my tv works brilliantly 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

That's because you have a full BT Sport subscription @dale - not a free (mobile-only) subscription included as part of a BT Mobile contract.
Message 8 of 9

You are right Darren about my package .

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Yes, I only have BT Sport as part of my mobile contract, so in essence it's "free", my only gripe is that EE customers who have BT Sport as part of their contract can gain large screen access for an extra £5 per month whereas I need to pay the full price of the BT Sport app which is £15.

BT - Watch on mobile for free, watch on large screen for £15

EE - Watch on mobile for free, watch on large screen for £5

Seems a bit unfair on BT customers, after all it's BT Sport not EE Sport, but it is what it is. I will consider moving to EE for my next mobile if I can get a comparable deal, but for all the Sport I watch it's not a huge deal breaker. 

0 Ratings