cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
russquinlan
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 2

BT Sport on Sky Box

Due to our slow Broadbad, I cant get infinity so although a BT BB customer can only watch BT Sport on my Sky Box.

I want to get rid of Sky because its too **bleep** expensive but I believe I can still watch BT Sport on that Sky box even if I cancel the Sky subscription.

So here's the question.

Wathiching live footie is not a problem, but the only other Sport I watch is MotoGP and normally I record it on the Sky Box and watchi it later.

However I have read somewhere if you cancel your Sky subscription you can't record on the Sky box any more (and you also cant watch anything you have previously recorded)

So is it possible to get another Box (Humax, etc) to get BT Sport and allow me to record ?

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
chime
Contributor
Message 2 of 2

Re: BT Sport on Sky Box

@russquinlan wrote:

So is it possible to get another Box (Humax, etc) to get BT Sport and allow me to record ?

You need a box that will accept a Sky card (Sky sub not required) as that allows access to BT Sport, so if you mean the Humax freesat boxes the answer is no.

I use a Panasonic Freeview recorder with Scart input to record from a Pace SD receiver with a Freesat from Sky card. There probably isn't an HDMI equivalent.

There may be generic satellite recorders which accept a Sky card but you'd have to enquire about that elsewhere.

0 Ratings