Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
keithop1
Message 1 of 6

BT Sport on Sky Q + mini box?

Go to solution

Hi there

I already have BT broadband fibe 2 unlimited along with BT TV starter and bt sport pack on bt tv (SD)....

I also have sky q + mini box

I'd prefer to watch BT Sport through the sky Q and on the mini box AND in HD if possible..... (wouldnt need it on bt tv as well although I guess it would be on there anyway?)

Every time I try and do it online it asks for a sky viewing card which I dont think Q has? OR it then says I already have bt sport so can't re-add it.

Any chance of some help  to understand the costs and how I'd add this stuff? 

Thanks in advance

Keith

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
-Richie-
Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT Sport on Sky Q + mini box?

Go to solution

If you have BT Sports on Sky that covers 1 box, if you want to have BT Sports on the mini box it's a 2nd box subscription which costs £6 per month.

The HD addon will cover both boxes though, HD is £6.50 per month.

However discounts do exist, you can sometimes get 1 or 3 months free HD, sometimes you can get the 2nd box free for 3 months.

Ring 0800 800 150 and ask for the Value or Loyalty team.

*Edit*
Sorry just saw you have BT Sports on BTTV, which means you want Multiplatform which is £12 per month for 1 Sky box and BT TV, you could always cast it with a Chromecast though, your BT Sports on BTTV includes app access, so if you have a Chromecast it won't cost you anything extra per month.

0 Ratings
keithop1
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

thanks for the reply really appreciated!

tbh we dont watch BT TV At all other than bt sports so I guess it's possible to delete bt tv altogether and just get bt sports on sky? 

I'll definitely phone it's just usually useful to know what's going on before trying to convince the people on the phone ;-0

0 Ratings
-Richie-
Expert
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

You'll pay more to have it on Sky, It's always cheaper through BT TV but that's your choice, you will need to give 30 days notice to cease the BT TV service, then you can order BT Sports on Sky.

One thing to factor in is when you order BT Sports on Sky, your broadband contract will be renewed for the duration of the BT Sports on Sky contract, this is because an element of BT Sports on Sky includes a broadband discount, so try and arrange a new broadband discount at the same time, if possible 🙂

0 Ratings
keithop1
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

excellent advice thanks for that!

final question for now 😉 

if I just phone up and say "I have bt tv with bt sports. I want to  1) add the HD pack   and then   2) add bt sports to both sky Q main AND sky Q mini"

Does that sound logical, easy and doable? 😉  

0 Ratings
-Richie-
Expert
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Yes, It can be done in one order.

0 Ratings