cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

BT Sport on TV Box as well as the app at the same time?

Go to solution

Hi all,

I’ve just taken out BT Broadband and TV with the Big Sport package and had a question regarding watching BT Sport and Sky Sports.

If say, my partner is at my house watching BT Sport/Sky Sports through the TV box, am I allowed to log into the BT Sport/NOW TV apps at my parents’ house to watch it there?

Basically my question here really is whether I’m allowed to watch from anywhere, or whether I need to be on a device in my house?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT Sport on TV Box as well as the app at the same time?

Go to solution

You can watch on the app when you're out and about, it doesn't have to be on the same IP as your BT broadband, mobile viewing will be a different IP, just so long as you're in the UK

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution
Thanks! And it’s fine to also have it on the TV box at home at the same time as me watching it on the app elsewhere?
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

As far as BT Sport is concerned you can watch on your tv box and you also have access to the BT Sport app on two devices all at the same time. 

Sky Sports would also allow for viewing on your tv box and on at least one more device at the same time. However, this is much more complex and depends upon a number of factors, one of which is whether or not you have Boost.

Message 5 of 7

Go to solution
Thanks for the information. Regarding Sky Sports - I have the NOW TV Sports membership with NOW Boost.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

In that case, you can have up to 6 devices on your NOW account and are able to watch on any 3 all at the same time. Your BTTV box will be one of your devices. 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

There’s no limit to the number of devices that you can use for the BT Sport app. However, you can only stream from 2 of them at the same time. This is in addition to watching on your tv.

0 Ratings