cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 1 of 8

BT Sport on Youview - recordable or not at launch

Will BT Sport be available on Youview when the channel launches (Aug 1st)

Is the lauinch of Bt sport on Youview being phased as according to BT official information

Will I be able to use Sky+ features with BT Sport?

If you're a Sky subscriber with a Sky+ box, you'll be able to use your Sky+ features with BT Sport.

BT Vision+ customers will also be able to use trick play, watch and record features. YouView customers will be able to use trick play, watch and record features from Autumn 2013.

So will the initial delivery of BT Sport on Youview  not be recordable ?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 8

Re: BT Sport on Youview - recordable or not at launch

No respose to this question yet.

I note that

http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerProducts/displayTopic.do?topicId=35951

says 

If we provide you with access to BT Sport on YouView you will not be able to record, rewind or pause the BT Sport Channels until this functionality is made available on YouView.

So is it the intention that  BT sport will be introduced initially on Youview in live stream only mode with recording functions added as a second delivery.  If so what are the planned implemmentation dates.

Will Bt Sport be available on 1st august on Youview ?

When will BT sport on Youview ber recordable ?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 8

Would appreciate clarification on this please

Will Bt Sport be available on 1st august on Youview ?

When will BT sport on Youview ber recordable ?

0 Ratings
GarethW
Expert
Message 4 of 8

The answer is in your original post. YouView will have streaming channels in the summer, but you won't be able to record them until the Autumn. You'll only be able to record one IPTV channel at time, too.
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 8

I really getting confused now ---   

So is BT Sport going to be available on 1st august on Youview ---- or will it be delayed until later in the summer or has BT no specific launch date for BT sport on youview. 

I don't understand the reason that BT sport will not be recordable on Youview until the autumn... and I don't understand what date the autumn actually means - I presume that there is a planned date.

The restriction of one IPTV channel only being recordable on Youview -  not sure why there is this restriction and it appears to be contrary to other information given by BT. The only such restriction I'm aware of is on ADSL feeds -- Are you saying that BT sport on Yoiuview will be delivered by the technology used for ADSL (non infinity areas) rather than than multicast technology being employed in infinity areas on Bt vision boxes.

0 Ratings
drhowells
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 8

It has not been confirmed, but it is likely that the BT Sports channels will be launched on 1st August.

They won't be recordable because YouView are still working on making this possible on the YouView boxes. You cannot currently record an IPTV stream on a YouView box.

I am sure they have dates, but nothing has been released and as they are currently developing this functionality, they won't give a date in case it slips, as is often the case with this kind of work.
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 8

Expanding on the statement:

You'll only be able to record one IPTV channel at time, too.

Is this expected to be short term restriction -- and also will it be possible to record one but watch another IPTV channel.

0 Ratings
GarethW
Expert
Message 8 of 8

All I know is this: YouView had some journalists around to show them what was upcoming. This appears to be from someone who was there: http://www.seenit.co.uk/youview-demonstrates-whats-in-store-this-year/0528114/
0 Ratings