cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

BT Sport on mobile (IOS) no longer able to Airplay to LG TV or Apple TV

I have used the BT Sport app for over a year and used AirPlay to cast to my LG TV or to Apple TV.

For the last month or so I have been unable to use this functionality.  Airplay results in audio but no picture. I have tried on 2 Apple TV boxes and on my LG TV with native AirPlay functionality.

Have BT crippled this?  I cannot find anything in their FAQs to suggest they have.

If so then I will be cancelling my mobile contract that has BT Sport included!

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT Sport on mobile (IOS) no longer able to Airplay to LG TV or Apple TV

Nothing has been done to cripple it - as long as your mobile subscription includes large screen access, then it should work OK with your Apple TV.
Your LG TV uses Airplay 2, which is less reliable - sometimes it'll work, and sometimes it'll fail with a random unhelpful error code that no-one knows the meaning of. It's therefore best-efforts only.

As long as you're using the Airplay icon within the BT Sport app to launch it on your Apple TV, I can't think of any reason why it would fail.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Ok, to rephrase my question:

have BT changed their accounts such that my free BT Sport with my mobile contract no longer is enabled for large screen access? It used to work but doesn’t any more.  

many thanks,

Chris

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

The BT Sport subscription included with BT Mobile and EE Mobile contracts has only ever been for watching on a small screen - i.e. phone or tablet. EE Mobile offer a large screen add-on, but BT Mobile doesn't offer any options to upgrade.

If you attempt to cast your screen when your subscription doesn't allow it, you should be shown an error telling you that this isn't allowed. I don't know how you're managing to get the the point where you have audio with no video.

Full details on the BT Sport included with BT Mobile are available here: https://www.bt.com/help/mobile/learn-about-bt-sport-and-bt-mobile

Specifically: "You’ll get the BT Sport app on your smartphone only. This means you can't watch it on larger screens like a laptop or TV. And you can't Chromecast/Airplay BT Sport content, or watch it on the web player."
0 Ratings