Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 1 of 8

BT Sport on more NOW TV devices

Hi Everyone,

BT Sport is now accessible in more ways than ever, to more fans than ever before and Monthly Pass enables a quick, no-contract way to watch BT Sport on NOW TV.

From the 16th June, BT sport is available on more NOW TV devices.  NOW TV joins a wide range of large-screen devices and platforms on which sports fans can watch BT Sport, including Samsung smart TV, Sony PlayStation, Xbox and Apple TV, as well as mobiles, tablets, BT TV, Sky, TalkTalk and Virgin Media.

Customers with a NOW TV Smart Box with 4K, who have the necessary subscription, will be able to access BT Sport Ultimate, the only channel providing regular live sport in stunning 4K with High Dynamic Range, which provides the highest quality pictures seen outside of cinemas.

Existing BT Sport customers with access to its app for large screen devices can access BT Sport on NOW TV devices at no extra cost, allowing them to watch live, catch-up and on-demand sport, and, have a second screen to watch two live streams simultaneously.

You can find more information from this link, More ways to watch BT Sport than ever with launch of app on Now TV devices

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 8

Re: BT Sport on more NOW TV devices

Thanks  @SeanD for the info and link to the BT briefing .

Reading that and particularly  the more general info about large screen app catch-ip and on demand content namely

Additionally, BT Sport is increasing the range of catch-up and on-demand content available via its app for large screen devices (NOW TV, Samsung smart TV, Sony PlayStation, Xbox and Apple TV). Customers can now access classic matches and events from the UEFA Champions League, UEFA Europa League, Premier League, Emirates FA Cup and more. Full event replays are also now available, enabling fans to re-watch Premier League games in full, soon after they are broadcast on BT Sport.

One thing that is not clear when I look at the welcome additional event replays o the BT Sport Samsung App is how long the content is available for (ie its expiry date)

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 3 of 8

Hey @zulu17,

Thanks for the post and I hope you are keeping well?

Great question, let me see if I can get you an answer.  I will update the thread as soon as I know more.

Cheers

Sean

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 8

Hi, any word on Bt ultimate for the PS4? 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 5 of 8

@SeanD  Hi, are there any plans for BT Sport app on standalone Roku devices? I am a BT customer but would like to watch the footy in UHD with HDR through my Roku stick 👍

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 6 of 8

Hi @NigelB72,

Thanks for the question.  I don't know the answer to this, I know we don't yet offer this but let me see if I can find out if this is something that we are looking at.  I will update you when I find out.

@zulu17 - Sorry for the delay in answering your question around how long replay events will remain on-demand before they are removed.  There is no easy answer as the timing will differ per event due to differing rights agreements.  For example, premiere league games cannot be made available on-demand immediately and then we can only make them available for a few days.  Uefa Champions League and Europa League can be made available almost immediately and can remain available On-Demand for longer.  

@Andbrismith - Likewise I am sorry it has taken me so long to reply to you.  I don't have any news as to when or if BT Ultimate will be made available on the PS4.  All devices that BT Sport Ultimate is currently available on will be listed on this link, BT Sport Ultimate, scroll to the bottom and under the heading 'How do I watch BT Sport Ultimate'.  This will be updated as and when we add new devices.

Cheers

Sean

Highlighted
BT Sport Expert
Message 7 of 8

Just to add @Andbrismith - our aim is to provide BT Sport Ultimate on every device that has the BT Sport app and supports 4K and/or HDR. We're working with Sony to do our best to bring it to PS4, but there are no guarantees. As Sean has said - that link will be updated if we manage to get it working.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 8 of 8

Can anyone confirm that (with correct tv and subscription) the Now TV Smart Box provides full 2160 resolution along with HDR when using the BT Sport app - and also what the audio format is?

@SeanDwrote:

Customers with a NOW TV Smart Box with 4K, who have the necessary subscription, will be able to access BT Sport Ultimate, the only channel providing regular live sport in stunning 4K with High Dynamic Range, which provides the highest quality pictures seen outside of cinemas.

---------------------------------------------------------------
using Superfast Fibre 2 Unlimited with BT Max 4K package.
0 Ratings