cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tomas12
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

BT Sport online on Linux

Hello, I'm using linux Ubuntu and Manjaro and watching BT Sport is like trying to learn to swim in a puddle. After silverlight, BT turns to Flash, both players have been droped by their developers before even BT started using them.

When will BT learn and do what everyone else does, turn to HTML5 which is the future. Currently, the only way to watch BT on linux is to install "spying tool" called Chrome, I have no intention istalling 3rd party addons for Firefox and make my PC vulerable to exploits.

It feels like BT technical team is bunch of ignorant old men, that refuses to adapt to reality.

Ok, so can we have official answer, is BT going to take care of the things people are paying for? ie: online streaming that isn't bound to specific operating system? Is creating Microsoft monopoly on BT agenda?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
sjlangdon
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT Sport online on Linux

Watching BT Sport on an up to date Windows 10 machine using mainstream browsers is liuke trying to swim in a puddle. Good luck!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
steveis2
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Can you actually get it to work using Chrome? I can't so I'm also looking for a solution.

I did try running firefox under wine and then installing shockwave but in the end I couldn't get it to work properly.

You'd think that as more people use Linux companies like BT would actually try to support it.

Steve

0 Ratings
Tomas12
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 4

What linux distro are you using? After installing Chrome you should be able to use it straight away. Make sure it's Chrome not Chromium.

0 Ratings