cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 51 of 55

Re: BT Sport on BT TV over ADSL (6.5Mbps)

Thanks for letting us know... Enjoy the sport πŸ™‚

0 Ratings
Highlighted
halestone
Contributor
Message 52 of 55

Updated my BT contract 2 days ago and at the end was told I could get BTSport over my broadband via youview box, (cabinet not upgraded to infinity box yet, BB SPEED 8mb, main exchange upgraded to allow infinity)

waited 2 days and youview still not showing any channels in the 500's. Spoke to 3 people at BT today and the final person said even tho my exchange shows copper multicast available I won't get BTSport as the exchange has not been setup to deliver BTSport even tho it is enabled for infinity ??????

Can anyone help me, I only ask as we all know many BT departments don't know what's happening in the other πŸ˜‰
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 53 of 55

halestone,

Which version of BTHomeHub are you using? As mentioned earlier some older ones probably won't work with the multicast service. Does your order show as completed?

It's not really possible for us customers to tell you whether you can get it or not. BT have started this service in their normal manner, with no fanfare and a total lack of clarity. The customers are confused, the sales reps are confused and even the tech support are confused. I haven't even seen any official BT information saying that it uses the Copper Multicast service. Smiley Frustrated

It might be the case that even though the exchange can support both Fibre Multicast and Copper Multicast for lines BT Consumer (your ISP) has only paid BT Wholesale for the Fibre Multicast service at that location? That's assuming they are paid for separately, which might be totally wrong.

Another possibility is that both services are covered by a single payment from BT Consumer but they want customers in that area to take up Infinity so don't allow the Copper Multicast to be used? Possibly the BT Sport streams are different on the two multicast services and BT Consumer have only implemented them on the Fibre Multicast service at that exchange. Possibly the same BT Sport streams are shared across the two services but BT are blocking customers using them on Copper Multicast at that exchange.

It's even possible that Infinity is available but the exchange supports neither Copper or Fibre Multicast?

Of course the other explanation is that BT just haven't sent your box the necessary software update, or haven't set up your account entitlements properly for the new service.

Who knows? As you can see, I don't know the answers. Only BT know the secrets.

0 Ratings
halestone
Contributor
Message 54 of 55

Re: BT Sport over ADSL

Umpire, thanks for the reply.

I've got a new home hub 4.

I've gone into the youview software updates section and there is now an option showing UPDATE SOFTWARE, I click in, it then shows the small circle rotating with searching underneath, this just keeps on going and noth is happening ???? If I press stop a screen comes up say do u want to stop the update ????

Am I missing something..... Screen still appears to be updating or is it stuck ????
0 Ratings
halestone
Contributor
Message 55 of 55

Re: BT Sport over ADSL

Turned machine off at rear, box went through done processes and then advised guide channels updated..... Got really excited then sadly saw no btsport 😞 software update now saying upto date

Guess I'm gonna give it a week and give em a call to see if anything has changed
0 Ratings