cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
crush123
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

BT Sport problem (generally IPC6023) but only when watching popular event

I have been on infinity for about 18 months, fairly reliable, at around 30-35 mb connection speed.

Only major problem is with BT sport, a problem I have lived with for the year or so I have had it.

Youview box is connected to gigabit switch served by Cat 5e cable (no powerline)

If i sit at my laptop, connected via viawi, and test speed on speedtest.net, I get around 30Mb/s

If i am watching a BT sport channel with athletics etc, no appreciable drop in speed.

If I am watching premier league football or recently the rugby final, the network speed drops to virtally nothing, and I get frequent IPC6023 errors

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Telecom89
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT Sport problem (generally IPC6023) but only when watching popular event

Are you using the BT HomeHub?

I don't know about your setup but maybe take a look at:

https://community.bt.com/t5/YouView-Boxes/IPC-6023-Extra-Channels-Error/td-p/1018954

Can you try connecting youview box directly to HomeHub and not going through your switch?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
crush123
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

thanks

I think I may have tried a direct line, (rather than through the switch) before.

Logically, it shouldn't make a difference, but I will try it next time there is a match on.

I am on a BT HH4.

I did have an asus router (asus rt-n66u) for a while, and I have convinced myself it was better, but it was unreliable, (kept dropping the broadband connection). I tried 2, and then gave up with that option

0 Ratings
Telecom89
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 4

0 Ratings