cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 7

BT Sport stopped working on LG TV Web Browser

Go to solution

Hi, Not sure if in the right place or if this has been asked before. I have a subscription to the BT Sport App as an add on through my EE Mobile Phone package. I have watched the BT Sport through the web browser on my LG TV for a few months now relatively ok (lagging issues aside), however when I try to now watch anything on BT Sport, the video will not play and the message 'Sorry this video is not available on your browser. Please try again on a supported browser. Error Code VC088 appears which I have tried researching but nothing seems to work. Why has it stopped working when it was working previously if anyone has any idea Thanks

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT Sport stopped working on LG TV Web Browser

Go to solution

I have exactly the same problem - all fine until recently and we have the same error too.  Let me know if you sort it - we keep trying but no luck yet 

Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

I too am having this issue, coupled with a seemingly intentional block on Airplay from the BT Sport app directly to the LG TV.

BT Sport have changed something to block certain browsers from working, including Microsoft Edge (for all 4 people that use it lol) and the LG built-in browser.

I have also read that LG owners have been told that Airplay from BT sport app is only support on Apple TV hardware and not other devices that are Airplay enabled.

Also note that BT have starting blocking certain Android devices e.g. Android TV.

Sounds to me like BT have started limiting the ease of access to BT Sport. Perhaps they are not making enough money.

Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

I wonder if this has anything to do with their exclusive deal with Samsung. They don't make an app for any other TV producer. 

Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Spoke to BT tech support today and they first tried to blame it on LG then admitted its BT Sport that has changed something so it doesn't play on smart TV browsers. So if you want to watch it its time for Apple TV or Android box. I picked up a Apple TV 4K and the BT Sport Ultimate coverage of rugby earlier was incredible in quality. I still think its out of order as a lot of people won't be able to afford a Apple TV box or Android box. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
BT TV Expert
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Hi All,

BT Sport via the LG Web browser was never officially support, the fact it worked before was just luck.

At the start of February we deployed a cookie change to fix the latest version of Google Chrome. This fix is incompatible with certain older browsers.

The browser on the LG TV is based on chromium

2016-2017 Chromium 38

2018-2018 Chromium 53

I suspect you are using a 2018-2019 model which falls into the broken range.

Who knows, one day there might be a native LG Sport app.

Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution
Well finally an answer that I can believe. Honestly I've had two conversations on the phone with BT Sport and those in here and this is the first time I feel like I've been told the complete truth.
0 Ratings