cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andykhayward
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 3

BT Sport stopped working on mobile contract

My mobile contract with BT includes the option to have the BT Sports app.  

I use the app on my phone, tablet and laptop depending on whether I am at home, work or working away. 

Recently I've been getting a warning message on my laptop saying the service will stop working but not getting this on my other devices.  Today, I have checked  on my laptop and get an error saying that I dont have this service .

Has this service stopped working now for laptops?  I dont see anything on the website or forum and I haven't had any email communication so I dont understand this.  Anyone else experienced this?

Andy 

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
NigelB72
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 3

Re: BT Sport stopped working on mobile contract

It could be that the level of access you have with your mobile contract only allows small screen (mobile) access. They have been updating the software recently

0 Ratings
DarrenDev
BT Sport Expert
Message 3 of 3

Re: BT Sport stopped working on mobile contract

@andykhayward the use of the Windows app to watch BT Sport was only ever intended for users with a full subscription - mobile subscriptions are only intended to allow watching BT Sport on mobile devices.

Rather than just close this loophole as soon as we found it, a message was put up to warn users that it was going to stop.  The final date has now passed, and so your login to the Windows app is now rejected.

In order to watch BT Sport on anything other than your mobile phone, you need a full BT Sport subscription.