cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

BT Sport to show non league finals day for free on Monday 3rd May

Go to solution

It has been announced that these games will be free for all to watch via the BT Sport app, BT TV, the Sky Digital Satellite platform and Virgin Media Channel 100.

Is anyone able to confirm that this would apply to anyone with a retail BT TV set top box to be able to watch in a property which has BT broadband? I’m aware that the subscription channels do populate the EPG in such a situation, but they are normally all encrypted. 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Sport to show non league finals day for free on Monday 3rd May

Go to solution

I can now confirm that the answer to my question is that the channel is still encrypted and not available. I can only assume that customers that have a package on BT TV which does not include BT Sport would be able to watch today.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

It is NOT on VirginMedia 100 - but is free via Sky digital.

Original BT info - BT Sport to make Non-League Finals Day free for all as the FA Vase and FA Trophy reach their conclus... 

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

I don't have any packages except BT Sport on its own. Used to be free with the mobile phone SIMs but nowadays we pay for the privilege and consider it well worth it, especially with the European matches.

Currently watching Consett v Hebburn Town and a very entertaining match it is too. Will not mention the score!

The App works on PC, two TVs, two tablets and two phones without any issues.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Yes, I’ve got the app only and I pay extra to get BT Sport Ultimate on my Fire TV 4K stick. I’ve had it since Day 1 and seen it develop and grow. BT Sport does tend to divide opinion though, especially with those that resent its very existence even, and long for the days when “everything was available by just subscribing to Sky Sports”. It will be interesting to see what the future holds given the news that BT are looking for a partner to help them to provide further investment for BT Sport.

0 Ratings