cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

BT Sport unwatchable on BTTV

Go to solution

Getting frustrated with continuing problem with trying watch - and record - BT Sport channels live on BTTV particularly Premiership Rugby but exhibits problem on all 'streaming channels. This situation is happening far too often.

However I can watch BT Sport on my smart phone and using the BT Sport app on my Samsung TV - but obviously cannot record.

So this points the finger at the BTTV box - which is connected to the  BT router via 1000bps BT extenders.

Has anyone else had this problem?This situation is happening far too often

A related issue - why isn't there a facility on the BT TV box to indicate signal quality for the streaming channels - it's available for broadcast channels!

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: BT Sport unwatchable on BTTV

Go to solution

Might help if you told us what the actual problem you are having is?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution

Sorry - got distracted - yep that would help!

Heavy pixellation (  at least 3/4 of screen ) on all BT Sport Channels via BTTV box - using high speed extenders supplied by BT in last year.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution
Have you tried, just as a test, using an ethernet cable connection instead?
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @jethro and welcome back.

Sorry you're getting pixilation issues. @gomezz is right. We need to rule out the adaptors as a potential problem so can you connect directly with ethernet and let us know if it helps?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution
Or if no long enough cable to hand then trying resetting the adapters.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

Couldn't reply earlier - thanks for suggestions. 

Without trying out your suggestions things have gone back to normal so BT Sport actually recorded as required.

So unclear what caused the problem - it's sporadic which is worrying - but not unusual. in my experience.

I still wonder why there is no functionality implemented in the BT TV STB to display the quality of the broadband signal being delivered to the STB

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution
That sort of information is available by looking at the router / Home Hub.
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

@gomezz - thanks - just accessed hub and there is a load of info on individual connections - this was all new to me - interesting how many devices I have connected !

Whilst there is information on the amount of data that passed through each connected device, there appears to be no info on the actual data rate to the individual device - am I missing something?

In looking at all the devices attached to the hub , I could not see my Skybox identified as a STB but there is something connected which is described as a games console - I don't have one in the house - so by elimination this must be the Skybox.

Also this afternoon the heavy pixellation was back - across 'streamed' channels on BT TV including  BT Sport, AMC etc. Before I could do the reset as recommended there was a local power cut - when power was restored, lo and behold, the 'streamed' channels were OK - even BT Sport HD but the damage was done - most of the rugby was lost.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution
Premiership rugby matches are available to watch on catch up - those shown on the main channels are anyway. I can recommend making time to watch London Irish v Bristol.
0 Ratings