cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sfield3
Message 1 of 5

BT Sport via the web or the App

I want to watch BT Sport, does that seem too much to ask?

I am already a BT Broadband customer and have a BT Vision box. BT Infinity is not available in my area (rural Essex so I dont expect it ever will get fibre optic).  So my only option is the internet or the app?

I registered and placed an order for "TV - BT Sport Pack" on 30th July, got an order number and told it will activate in a few minutes.  Then a few minutes later I get a confirmation email. Then I get another email saying that I will need a Pin number and it will be posted to me and I should recieve it in 2-3 days. I go on to http://sport.bt.com and try to access, I logon but it says it needs a pin to be activated (fair enough I will wait for my pin). No letter recieved by today 10th August so no pin. So I ring BT Sport on the advertised 0800 7560756 number - wait 20 minutes - talk to Nadine who doesnt seem to have heard of a Pin being required. Nadine puts me through - 20 minute wait on hold - to 'Dave' who thinks there is something wrong with my phone, eventually Dave redirects me, telling me if I get cut off to ring 0800 1114567 to Sapria - after a 15 minute wait on hold - who cant tell me my pin but can arrange for second letter to be sent, Sapria promises me I will get a letter within a week! I am not confident but is there anything else I can do?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
bonsai
Contributor
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Sport via the web or the App

It doesn't help the pin problem, but Online/App viewing is not your only option.

If you have a BT Vision Box (the newer black model) and no Infinity then BT Sport can be delivered over Freeview. You will need to order a viewing card. If you can currently view ITV4, Viva, Yesterday ok then your aerial is up to it.

0 Ratings
sfield3
Message 3 of 5

Thanks for the info. I have a relatively new black BT Vision box (which replaced the ancient white one) so I have rung BT (again) 0800 1114567 and after the 20 mins waiting I spoke to Lorraine and asked for them to send me a viewing card - that will be £10 please - hurray I though £10 is fine with me - then No I cant do that as your account says you have already got BT Sport (so I have to explain about the PIN - havent heard of anyone needing a pin she says...!) then after a few more minutes on hold - No you need to talk to the exceptions team (!) as your box may need replacing - if it does need replacing that will be a £49.99 charge please. Exceptions team are not answering so I will have another go tomorrow.  Can anyone tell me what model of BT Vision box is needed in order to actually succesfully recieve BT Sport with a viewing card?

0 Ratings
C1Rider
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 5

IF, like me , your rural location is fed from a " light transmitter " then you will most likely find that BTSport isn't available via Freeview.  Smiley Sad

If your antenna is this way up   ||||||||  and not flat then you're on a " light transmitter ".

0 Ratings
sfield3
Message 5 of 5

I think we are OK as our transmitter is Sudbury and supposedley "Full Service Freeview Transmitters" (according to http://www.ukfree.tv/txlist.php ) 

0 Ratings