cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

BT Sport viewing without Sky box/Infinity

I've cancelled Sky broadband/phone/television and taken out BT broadband/phone and paid the £5 extra for sports. Comes to £26.99 p/m.

As I've cancelled Sky, I understand I'll not be able to watch BT Sports through the Sky box without an active viewing card. Also, I am not in an area which can receive BT Infinity - from what I've read, this means I'll not be able to access BT Sports through the normal broadband connection, even with the BT TV box.

Is that all correct? iE. My only option will be to stream BT Sports through laptop and on to television?

Cheers.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Colin_London
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT Sport viewing without Sky box/Infinity

If you have cancelled Sky your viewing card normally remains active for Free to View channels so you can keep BT Sport using your old equipment as long as you pay BT.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

I thought this would be the case, however, Sky have told me today that BT will not work unless I have an active Sky subscription. Looking at other similar forum posts, people seem to be suggesting buying a Freesat card to put in the existing Sky box might work?

Has anyone done this successfully?

0 Ratings
davgille7
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 6

It definitely will work. Just give BT your viewing card number. I got an old Sky box out of my cupboard that was not active for 2 years and it still worked when I first got BT sports
0 Ratings
Colin_London
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 6

Sky Lie!
0 Ratings
Colin_London
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 6

The only reason you'd need to continue paying Sky anything is if you wanted to retain Sky+ recording facility. Otherwise you can just give your old viewing card number to BT and they can add the service directly without Sky involvement.
0 Ratings