Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mattj84
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

BT Sport

Go to solution

Can anyone help? 

I have standard definition BT Sport through the TV with a new BT package. The picture appears quite fuzzy and whilst just about watchable, the text is very pixellated. For example when the leage tables appear on the left of the screen you can barely read them. 

All the other content delivered through the internet seem fine, netflix, iplayer etc. 

Have done the usual factory re-set and tried differnt HDMI Ports to no avail. I'm using the Ethernet cable that BT sent as well. 
Internet speed isnt a solid 10-12mbps which I know is slow but its been stable. I cant improve that.

I can watch BT Sport on my phone and tablet on BT HD  through the APP and there are no issues so i dont think its the internet thats the prolem. 

I have a 2015 Sony Bravia KDL49WE753 TV in 49 inch......ive tried all the pictures settings imaginable.....

Is there anything obvious im missing?
Would upgrading to HD solve the problem?

Thanks

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
JohnC2
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Sport

Go to solution

Hi @mattj84 Sorry you are having a problem with the picture quality on the BT Sport channels.

You seem to have eliminated all the possible causes. I know other internet channels are OK on the TV but was wondering if you have another TV if you could connect that and test it to see if the BT Sport channels are the same on that. Post back and let me know if you are able to do this or not and if you are let me know how you get on.

Cheers
John

0 Ratings
mattj84
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Hi John, 

Yes tried on a  different telly and its the same outcome 

To clarify, BBC Iplayer, Netflix etc all work fine. Also, i can watch the BT Sport App through wifi perfectly so i dont think its the internet but appears to be the signal from the router to the box. 

The picture is just out of focus and fuzzy as if the stream is still awaiting to load properely but never does.

0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Hi @mattj84 Thanks for checking that out for me. 

We will be happy to look into this further with you with this if you send us your details. You can contact us by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods.

Thanks
John

0 Ratings
Brucemeister5
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

You haven’t specified whether you have channels such as Gold, Discovery etc to compare with the picture quality you’re getting  on the BT Sport channels. I assume that you don’t have any of these channels and may also have the non recordable zapper box. As you have been using the BT Sport app without any problems, I would suggest that you try a Chromecast to cast the app to your tv. It’s been in full HD picture quality since the beginning of January and I can highly recommend it. Strangely it’s now cheaper to get BT Sport via BTTV than to have the app/online only access which now costs £7 per month. The app/online access is included with all BT Sport packages on BTTV at no extra cost.

I realise that I haven’t directly addressed your original problem, but what I’m suggesting is that you cast the app to your tv rather than consider upgrading to HD. I think you may be pleasantly surprised at how good the picture quality is compared to what you’re getting at the moment.

0 Ratings