cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Daveyhart
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

BT Sport

I am suddenly aware of my age.... I have BT broadband and have had for years. I cannot have BT Infinity because I live in a Rural area and there seems to be no date this side of Hell freezing when I will.

I am getting very mixed messages about BT Sport.. A. Its free... (goody)

But.... I do have to buy a viewing card £10..that's OK   and then pay a minimum of  £5.00 p.m. to recieve it??? I am very glad its free...

Does anybody know any better??

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: BT Sport

do you have bt vision or youview box or sky?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Daveyhart
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

HI, I have a BT box...

0 Ratings
Daveyhart
Beginner
Message 4 of 8

BT vision that is  sorry..

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 8

You need a BT Vision subscription - which costs at least £5 a month - to qualify.

0 Ratings
Oranda
Contributor
Message 6 of 8

Yes it is all quite confusing. As I understand it though you don't need a BT Vision subscription or a viewing card unless you want to view the channels via your box to your TV. you can view online on a PC or using the app for free as such.

Also I see Google have just announced release of a TV dongle to send from an Android app to your TV if you have a spare HDMI port. So may be a solution for some if it works and when the dongle is available in the UK. Looks like will be about £25.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 8

The whole thing is deeply confusing.

You can get BT Sport

• Via broadband on your PC or an app,
  • On a Sky box via satellite,
  • On a YouView box via Infinity,
  • On a BT Vision box via Infinity,
  • On a BT Vision box via encrypted Freeview.

But each of them is hedged around with a whole list of things to check to see if they are available to you.  It must be the right sort of BT Vision box.  It matters where you got your YouView box from.  It matters whether or not your exchange is multicast enabled, and so on...

0 Ratings
magpie03
Expert
Message 8 of 8

@Oranda wrote:
Yes it is all quite confusing. As I understand it though you don't need a BT Vision subscription or a viewing card unless you want to view the channels via your box to your TV. you can view online on a PC or using the app for free as such.

Also I see Google have just announced release of a TV dongle to send from an Android app to your TV if you have a spare HDMI port. So may be a solution for some if it works and when the dongle is available in the UK. Looks like will be about £25.

This sounds quite good,

0 Ratings