Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
J_Craig
Beginner
Message 1 of 12

BT Sports App Casting Issues

Go to solution

First Time on here.

Is anyone else having casting issues when trying to watch BT Sports app via Google Chromecast?

I've never had any issues in the past, i recently (2 weeks ago) upgraded one of my BT mobile contracts and ever since then i cant watch any of the sports through casting (Google Chromecast). I can connect no problem, but when i try to watch a channel, the following message appears on my phone (Iphone6 iOS 10.2.1) screen ('Sorry Casting Functionality is not included in your BT Sports Subscription'??  Im a BT Infinity customer, 3 x BT mobile contracts, so this shouldnt be an issue.  I've chatted to BT advisers online who cant help, i called today and they advised me to contact Google Support????

Has anyone else had this issue as this is starting to get a tad frustrating 😞  

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
BT Sport Expert
BT Sport Expert
Message 2 of 12

Re: BT Sports App Casting Issues

Go to solution

Hi @J_Craig,

Welcome to the forums, and sorry to hear you're having trouble using the BT Sport app with your Chromecast. You're absolutely correct - you shouldn't have any problems using Chromecast as you have BT Broadband - if you only had BT Mobile then you wouldn't be able to cast, but that's not the case here. Can you please send me a private message with your BT ID and I'll get this sorted for you?

Kind Regards,

Colin

0 Ratings
J_Craig
Beginner
Message 3 of 12

Go to solution

@ColinB_Sportjust sent you a private message 🙂 

0 Ratings
BT Sport Expert
BT Sport Expert
Message 4 of 12

Go to solution

Thanks @J_Craig - got it! I'll get back to you on this as soon as I can.

0 Ratings
J_Craig
Beginner
Message 5 of 12

Go to solution

@ColinB_Sport. Any luck with my issue mate?

Just tried it again, same issue 😞 

0 Ratings
BT Sport Expert
BT Sport Expert
Message 6 of 12

Go to solution

Hi @J_Craig,

I got an update just 20 minutes after your post this morning Smiley Happy Your account should be sorted now - I believe one of the team left you a voicemail this morning too. Let me know how you get on!

Kind Regards,

Colin

0 Ratings
J_Craig
Beginner
Message 7 of 12

Go to solution

@ColinB_Sport PERFECT, working a charm now.

Thank you very much 🙂

0 Ratings
Nathanc
Beginner
Message 8 of 12

Go to solution
Hi ColinB, I am having this exact same issue, and it started when I changed my mobile contract with BT from SIM Only to Monthly a couple of weeks ago. I am also a BT Broadband customer and have been for over a year now. I have been speaking regularly to BT Care over the past few days, both through online chat, Twitter and on the phone. It seems you have the answer, could you check for me please?
0 Ratings
BT Sport Expert
BT Sport Expert
Message 9 of 12

Go to solution

Hi @Nathanc,

Sorry you're having trouble with this - I'll ask the team to take a look for you. Can you send me a private message with your BT ID (the username you use to log in to the app) please?

Kind Regards,

Colin

0 Ratings
stanskisat
Message 10 of 12

Go to solution
Similar problem can't cast replay cricket ashes next day but plays live channels .help please.
0 Ratings