cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

BT Sports App - Login ID Does Not Allow Upper Case Characters

Go to solution

Hi,

As mentioned above. I am a fully paid-up long term member of BT Sports.

I thought I would install and try the BT Sports App on my new Sony Bravia TV.

However.....

After installation I am faced with the usual User ID and Password screen option which requires my BT Account No. GB********* which I have of course, and have fully verified them, via other options. But my problem is this:-

- The visual User ID field and keyboard options do NOT allow for the entry of the "GB" upper case Account No. entry. There is no option in the BT App that allows me to change to an upper case "GB" and using a lower case "gb" is rejected.

How do I overcome this problem?? - Believe me, I have tried everything, and it looks to me like a BT App Software Developer error in the User ID Field coding of acceptable characters available. NOTE: there is no Caps Lock option for "GB"; there is no UP Arrow to Change Case from "gb" to "GB",

Thanks.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT Sports App - Login ID Does Not Allow Upper Case Characters

Go to solution

Hi, @SomeBloke Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. Are you sure it's asking for your BT account number? Any BT Sport app I've logged into before has only ever asked for my BT ID which is in the format of an email address (all lowercase) and password but I haven't used the Sony version of the app before.

I did a quick google search and found this guide on the Sony website to get capitals 

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Hi Neil,

Ok. I just checked it again and you are correct.... the BT ID it is now looking for is my email address..... which I think I tried before and it did not work!

However it is working now😁

Many thanks for getting back to me an making me check again.

Thank you sincerely!

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

@SomeBloke No problem, I'm glad you got sorted.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings