cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

BT Sports App subscription problems

Hi, 

I am staying in the UK for the next 2 months (hotel) and would like to watch CL football. 

When subscribing i get the following error message: Sorry, we could not process your payment. Check your details and retry.If the problem keeps happening, call 0800 800 150 .

I called the number and i was told that i had to check with my bank if everything was okay. They told me that there should not be a problem with the payment. 

In the meantime i bought a debit prepaid mastercard to check if it had anything to do with the fact that i used a cc from a bank in The Netherlands but i got the same error. 

Any ideas how i can solve this problem? 

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT Sports App subscription problems

Hi @mauricevs welcome to the community and thanks for posting, are you entering a UK postcode and is the debit card you're using associated with that address? I believe these measures are in place to ensure that the pass is only sold to customers who are resident in the UK.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Hi @NeilO thank you for your reply, i did configure the debit card to be associated with that address.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Hi @mauricevs thanks for confirming that, are you using a VPN on the device you're accessing the website with?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

@NeilO I tried multiple connections. Mobile hotspot (but apparently that gets routed through germany), Hotel Wi-Fi and a VPN. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Hi @mauricevs are you going to be setting up a UK bank account as I think the credit/debit card would have to be registered to a UK bank.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

@JohnC2 thank you for your reply. I will try that as soon as my 14 day quarantine is over.

0 Ratings