Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RonniePhosphate
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 15

BT Sports & Tv Extra. NOT UNLOCKING. Infinity 1 package

Hello

We are lifetime BT phone (domestic and business ) customers, but are new to BT Infinity 1/TV Extra (inc BT Sports 1&2, ESPN etc).

The fibre and HH5 has been installed Tuesday and is working excellently, getting top speed consistently.

youView box was installed Wednesday and 30hrs later still no BT Sports(which was the deal breaker for us)

I have tried to activate via our MyBT, and it just says "Sorry there is a problem with your order". Furthermore our account says we don't have TV or Broadband. yet when I type the VOL no in, it comes up with all the details saying the order is fulfilled (and it gives two VOL no.s) whichever I select it correctly lists the items and says fulfilled and activated.

CAN SOMEONE - hopefully a Moderator- assist in unlocking/activating BT sports & TV extra channels please.

The order was made online (via a Money Saving Expert cash back/Sainsburys voucher offer).
0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Hunter2660
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 15

Re: BT Sports & Tv Extra. NOT UNLOCKING. Infinity 1 package

It may seem like a silly question, but what channel are you trying to watch BT sport on? If it's 57 & 58 you will have no joy. If it's 507 - 510 what is shown on the screen? If you can't tune in to the latter your box will need a software update to access the channels.

0 Ratings
RonniePhosphate
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 15

I'm confused by that - I'm just trying to select the standard BT Sports 1 & 2 Channels (on the YouView box it says 507 / 508) - we havent opted for a HD package or option.

We also cannot access the other chanels in the TV Extra package that comes with the Infinity 1 Package...

0 Ratings
BT TV Expert
BT TV Expert
Message 4 of 15

Drop me a PM with your details and I'll get it sorted (technically at least!) for you.

Steve

0 Ratings
rarmitage124
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 15

You may want to check that everything has been activated if not you can activate it on My BT.

If my post has been useful, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If I have answered your question correctly please let me know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution' Thanks
0 Ratings
RonniePhosphate
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 15

Sadly,  I have tried that - having navigated through a myriad of MyBT windows - I've finally got to a BT Sport> Activate Your BT Sport  and the blue progress bar completes, then says "We're Sorry... there seems to be a problem with your order"

0 Ratings
RonniePhosphate
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 15

hi Steve

I will do that when I get back home... I'm currently sneeking a look at your reply whilts at a clients office!

0 Ratings
RonniePhosphate
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 15

Hi Steve

Your PM facility isn't showing when I click on yr profile (and that link in yr footer says BT TV Experts dont have PM links...) - WHAT TO DO NOW?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
BT TV Expert
BT TV Expert
Message 9 of 15

Weird, I have had other PMs today... If you can't PM then open the BT app and post your device ID from the settings page.

Steve
0 Ratings
RonniePhosphate
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 15

the saga continues - its alll abit too long winded to detai on here, but seentially BT have repeatedly canclled, reissued and generally messed up our order... we rang last week and finally thru begging were able to get the BT Sport app working so we coudl watch the NUFC match... but we still dont have BT Sport or TV Extra on the TV

Customere Care continually state "the order is showing as Not Completed in the Background" - we get statements such as "Data Integrity Team will call you back and resolve it" - no one ever calls back apart from one Customer Care person who has now managed to cancel our TV EXtra order and reissue us a TV Essentials package for twice the price we agreed and had an order for

- the whole thing is ridiculous... I'm not at the point of just emailing just abnout everyone in BT referencing the 1982 Supply of Goos and Services Act... namely we have paid for activation and not received it...

the Infinity 1 BBand service so far has been generally excellent 

so if anyone one here has access to the 'Data Integrity' Team - I'd willlingly accept help...

0 Ratings