cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

BT Sports app crashes during adverts using Airplay

The stream crashes at during every commercial break and is difficult to restart. This is a complete pain.

The same happens whether I cast from my iPhone or iPad and occurs whether I cast through Apple TV device or casting directly through Airplay on my LG tv. 

I have read in the coommunity about this happening with Firestick but wanted to point out that it's not a Firestick issue as it occurs with Airplay too.

It seems there has been plently of time to sort this; why is it not fixed?

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: BT Sports app crashes during adverts using Airplay

When you say "crashes", do you mean the video stops?  Possibly with error VC565?  Or do you mean it actually crashes, and the BT Sport app quits completely?

p.s. the Amazon Fire issue was specific to Android TV/Amazon Fire, and has since been fixed.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 12

Hi,

The stream freezes. Still picture remains on screen. No sound. Cannot reconnect until adverts are over. 
No error code displayed. 
The app remains open and continues to function normally. 
Thanks for responding. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 12

OK, so that's a totally new one - never heard any reports of that. How long has this been happening for you?
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 12

I would say a few months but it seems to be worse more recently.

I was originally streaming from iPhone 12 or iPad 2021 to Apple TV Box connected via a Yamaha receiver to a Panasonic Smart TV.

Recently upgraded my TV to LG so don't need the Apple TV any longer so am streaming direct to the TV.

The problem seems to occur irrespective of which combination of ways I use to connect.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 12

Any thoughts about the cause?
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 12

Unfortunately the Apple team is our busiest dev team - this is one of a long list of issues they need to investigate. With Airplay (and especially Airplay 2 on your LG TV) being proprietary technology, it's completely black box to us. We're at the mercy of Apple, and they have a tendency to break or change things with each OS release.

I'm definitely not trying to make excuses - just set expectations that this may never be fixed, or it may suddenly fix itself after an OS update.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 12

Ok - thanks for your quick response - I will adjust my expectations and keep my fingers crossed!

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 12

This also happens on the app on Sony TVs. Please advise. 

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 12

@lhorton91 is this something you're still seeing happen?  If so, could you please confirm the exact behaviour - on ad breaks, does the app quit completely?  Or does the player stop, and it returns to the BT Sport main screen?  It's not a known issue, and isn't related to the Airplay issue.

0 Ratings