cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

BT Sports app when upgrading to FTTP

Go to solution

At the moment I use the BT sports app and cast to either one of my two Tv's (1 upstairs and 1 Downstairs). When I looked at upgrading to FTTP it seems that the app is not available but it is on Now TV,  I guess this would mean I could only get it on one of the Tv's ???
Thanks in advance.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT Sports app when upgrading to FTTP

Go to solution
Changing your broadband doesn't change how you cast BT Sport. All the same platforms/devices are supported, regardless of what type of internet connection you have.
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution
So you are saying that I will retain my current BT sports app when I upgrade and take out a new contract, I hope you are right, the new contract for upgrading to FTTP does not make that at all clear - most confusing!!
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution
Confirmed - your current BT Sport app-only subscription can stay as it is, even when you have FTTP.

Note: if you're taking out a new FTTP subscription for 24 months, then for the same price you're already paying for the app-only subscription, you could take out a full BT TV subscription for BT Sport. For this you'd be able to watch on a set top box, giving you the option to record too. Not sure how much that appeals? There may be an initial set up fee too - see what deals you can get.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Thank you Darren, it would make sense to view direct on the TV but unfortunately my BT box is not wi-fi (Ethernet cable only). I use broadband extenders upstairs where my router and PC is but for some reason they will not work downstairs where my main TV is.
ps I see BT are giving away voice handsets if I upgrade to FTTP, I guess they would work better than my existing landline phones ?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

I don't see any BT TV box on your account, and no current BT TV subscription, so adding BT TV with the Sport package to your FTTP order would entitle you to a new BT TV box that supports Wifi.

Check out bt.com/tv and go through the order process to see what options you're given - you don't have to complete checkout if you don't like what's on offer.

p.s. no idea about the handsets I'm afraid - I haven't used a landline in years

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks Darren, that's interesting as I have a BT you view box that they gave me several years ago (have never taken a subscription though) - I will go through the ordering process to see if they will give me a new box with wifi

0 Ratings