Hope it gets sorted for you.
0 Ratings
hej2013
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 21

Re: BT Sports debacle

Go to solution

Dear StephanieG,

Following our last communication I eventually got an email advising me that a new BT Vision box and viewing card were being sent to me and that I would then be able to view BT Sport via DTT, channels 57-59.

I am in receipt of the "new" BT Vision + box which as far as I can tell is exactly the same as the one I had, same BT Vision Software version and Middleware version number as before and everything.  I have fully installed the new box anyway and inserted the supplied BT Vision viewing card.  I am seeing channels 57 - 59 on the EPG but the menu just keeps reading: 'Please wait while we activate your viewing card...'

I've tried reactivating the viewing card online as it said under settings it wasn't paired - I've tried re-booting home-hub, vision box etc a few times and here we are completely right back to square one.  I am completely at loss why it seems to be completely impossible for BT to just provide the promised service.

PLEASE SORT THIS OUT - I AM ABSOLUTELY NOT SPENDING ANYMORE OF MY TIME ON THE PHONE OVER THIS.  I HAVE EASILY WASTED A WHOLE DAY AND I MEAN 24HRS of my life trying to get this sorted out.

Next stop is OFCOM followed by SKY I am utterly disgusted with BT of whom I have been a customer of 9 years since returning to Northern Ireland.

Regards,
Hej2013
0 Ratings
Highlighted
hej2013
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 21

Go to solution

Hi StewM,

please see above in thread where I update the thread with what BT have done i.e. send out new box (exactly the same as the one I've got!) and new BT Viewing Card.  So it would appear (although noone has actually told me this) that although I am BT Infinity customer I cannot receive multicast channels!   like I said this is just an assumption based on the sending out of another box and viewing card and a promise that I will now be able to receive BT SPort through channels 57-59.

I have it all set up and can see the channels in the EPG guide, I have re-activated the card online and when I select either channel 58 or 59 to view, screen remains black and it says on screen Please wait while we activate your viewing card...

Any idea how I get my card activated?  and just simply get watching BT Sport 1/2 on channels 58 and 59.

Btw middleware version on the new box identical to previous box!!!  Go figure!

Kind regards,

hej2013

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 21

Go to solution

Please bear in mind, that Stephanie is very unlikely to see your posts. You need to reply to the original e-mail from the moderation team, making sure that you keep the tracking number intact.

This is to ensure that all issues are properly tracked, in accordance with BT quality control requirements, and if any disputes arise, a full audit trail is available.

0 Ratings
hej2013
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 21

Go to solution

Hi - I had replied to the original email relating to provision of the replacement box etc.... All of which related to my original complaint reference - I have three different complaint references. The third of which was logged on 30th August at StephanieG suggestion and in fact as yet has not been responded to or acknowledged by email in any way!

So where else am I going to post an update to complaint incident # 130830-****** to? When I haven't had an email acknowledgment of the incident to reply to?

Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 21

Go to solution

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance. They will post an invite on this thread, giving you a link, so you can contact them.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 21

Go to solution

Hi Hej2013,

I am sorry that you haven't had a reply to your email. I have checked our queue and I can see your details are there. I'll make sure that we get this picked up as soon as possible.

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Guru
Message 18 of 21

Go to solution
I an sunning myself so I will keep this brief. I am sure Steph or another Mod will pick this up.
I am sure your problem relates to the wrong software not Box related. If you have Infinity then BT Sports is deliverd over broadband not DTT/Freeview.

Stew
Bennis
Beginner
Message 19 of 21

Go to solution

mine took 6 weeks to get sorted, a top bloke from BT care on twitter solved my problem after the numptys in india sent an engineer round and had me doing all sorts of tests on my box.it turned out my vision box wasnt capable of receiving sport so now I have a new one and all is good

0 Ratings
hej2013
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 21

Go to solution
StewM - you were right!! many thanks - after several more days of backwards and forwards emailing with the MODS it finally worked at midnight last night when the middleware software all upgraded to the multicast versions and I now can get all channels 507 - 512 BT Sports 1/2/ESPN SD and HD - and it's using my powerline adapters (not a unsightly 10m ethernet cable!!) Picture perfect! - thanks Stew for getting me pointing the right direction with all of this!
0 Ratings