Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vivash
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 40

Re: BT Sports on Smart TV,Kindle Fire and PC

Go to solution

Well, perhaps it might be safer to wait.  I have the Amazon BT Sport app which, of course, is useless for accessing ESPN or the actual BT Sport broadcasts.  Despite a message on "My Vision" dated 15th June saying all I needed to do on 1st August was re-tune, they now accept that the older viewing cards are useless and I'm awaiting a current one.  Also of course the error code 6030 appears when my PC attempts through Microsoft Silverlight to get the programmes.  I'm only thankful that I'm getting Sky installed next Sunday providing, of course that I've cut down enough trees for a line of sight. I just hope that I get my sport back before my rapidly approaching 78th birthday! 

0 Ratings
alfonse1956
Beginner
Message 12 of 40

Go to solution

I would also like the link to the ap please.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 40

Go to solution

Hi Guys

We have removed the download link for this download, due to Kindle devices not currently being supported.

We are actively exploring options to make it available on a wider range of devices, including the Kindle Fire. We will make an announcement on BT.com and through social media as soon as we are in a position to roll the app out on another platform.

cheers

Nigel

BTCare Community Mod

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
johngardner42
Aspiring Expert
Message 14 of 40

Go to solution
The cable has arrived and I can now link my Kindle Fire HD to my LG Smart TV. Works well!!
0 Ratings
johngardner42
Aspiring Expert
Message 15 of 40

Go to solution

Just a quick update- I have now updated the Kindle to the latest app version, having first scanned the app file with McAfee and Microsoft Security Essentials( No problems Detected). The app runs well, despite not being supported. Time to upload it to Amazon?

0 Ratings
mike007
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 40

Go to solution
even the apps BT put out do no work so what chance do us kindle and smart tv users have
0 Ratings
mike007
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 40

Go to solution
I got the apk file of the net and it worked well for me.So once again BT pull your finger out
0 Ratings
chrcoluk
Aspiring Expert
Message 18 of 40

Go to solution

netflix have just started to use html5 this proves an alternative is out there for copyrighted content.  Whether or not BT try html5 as well no idea, but silverlight is dead technology, microsoft have all but abandoned it and BT do need to look for something better.

0 Ratings
tkg1960
Message 19 of 40

Go to solution

i maybe a bit slow but i cannot find that app, can you tell me which site it is on please

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Message 20 of 40

Go to solution

Are you looking for the Netflix apk or the btsport apk?

--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
0 Ratings