cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 15

BT TV App - Cannot Register ANY Devices!

Go to solution

I am having the same problem and have spent a lot of time on a chat and on the phone trying to get to the bottom of this. It is very frustraitung to see many other epople having problems and many getting fixed BUT mine can't for some reason.

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15

Re: BT TV App - Cannot Register ANY Devices!

Go to solution

Hi @jrat,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. You should be able to register up to 4 devices on the BT TV app. When you’ve reached your device limit, you can register a new device once every thirty days.

You can find out more here - BT TV App, managing your devices 

When was the last time you deleted or added a device to the app?

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 15

Go to solution

hi, I have no devices reg'd. I have not had any for months as I deleted them all. I now have 4 'padlock' boxes.

I had problems when I changes my iphone which also coincided with an upgrade to the BT-TV package

Message 4 of 15

Go to solution

Sorry about that @jrat - sometimes accounts get stuck, but we've yet to work out why.
With your permission, I'd be happy to take a look and reset this for you. Just send me a DM with the BT ID (username) that you're logged into the app with.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 15

Go to solution
many thanks PM sent 🙂
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 15

Go to solution

That's your account now reset @jrat, so you can re-allocate devices to slots.  Sorry for the inconvenience.

Message 7 of 15

Go to solution
Top man... many thanks for your speedy resolution
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 15

Go to solution

I am having this problem when trying to register my phone 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 15

Go to solution

Check your messages @daisyblake1994 - I've replied, as I can't find an eligible subscription on your login.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 15

Go to solution

Hi, I have the same problem,ie I can't register any more devices, I only have one device registered that's my smart TV, when I try to play any BT TV program on my windows 11 computer or my sony zx3 phone I get the message that I have exceeded my device limit but I have tree empty device boxes, I contacted  BT technical support chat and got nowhere only a statement he would pass it up to the next level to sort it out, not had anything from them.

I believe it could be that the account needs resetting, can anyone help please ?

Many thanks

0 Ratings