Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
V_Meldrew
Recognised Expert
Message 1 of 6

BT TV App; Device Not Registered

Go to solution

Can anyone help with this one please.

The BT TV App no longer functions on any of my devices (PC, Android or iOS devices).

Whenever I try to use it it returns the following;

WP928.

I have tried deleting all registered devices and consequently I now have none and the required 30 days has elapsed but I am still unable to register a new device.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT TV App; Device Not Registered

Go to solution

Hi  @V_Meldrew 

Did you check each device BEFORE you removed it as a registered device ?

0 Ratings
V_Meldrew
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

@zulu17wrote:

Hi  @V_Meldrew 

Did you check each device BEFORE you removed it as a registered device ?

Hi @zulu17.

Yes, I did shorten events somewhat as to detail it all would probably have led to people getting bored and not bothering to read my post at all.

Basically, I did once have four registered devices but one by one they all failed.

Some time ago I tried to watch something on one of my registered devices only to receive the message that I had exceeded the maximum number of devices allowed and would have to delete one if I wanted to use another, I took this as some kind of failure whereby the system failed to  recognise that this device had already been registered (even though it was listed as a registered device), so I deleted it and waited 30 days to register a new one but it failed to register

One by one all four devices have dropped off in the same manner.

I now have 0 registered devices but still get the message that I have exceed the maximum number and will have to delete one and wait 30 days to register another

Hope that makes sense although I have to say it confuses the h*ll out of me. Smiley Frustrated

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @V_Meldrew  Thanks for sending over your details. I've spoken with the BTTV App team this morning and they have reset your service. Please can you check that you are now able to register your devices ok and post back to let me know how you get on.

Cheers
John

0 Ratings
V_Meldrew
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @JohnC2 

Yes that's done the job thanks, I have successfully registered two devices.

Many thanks for your help

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @V_Meldrew  thanks for testing that so promptly and glad to hear all is now working ok. 

cheers
John