cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
burtybob
Message 1 of 8

BT TV App Error Code WP025

I'm having issues with the "BT TV Player" windows application, all I'm getting is a WP025 error (Sorry there's been a problem with the programme you are trying to view. Please check your internet connection and try again. (WP025))

Things I've tried:
Looking up the code on the app codes site which is useless by the way since there is an option for the "Web App" which provides the following "solutions" 

• Try refreshing the page and trying the action again
  • If this doesn’t work, try closing your browser down and loading on a new browser session

Which is no use for the windows app since it's not a browser so I can't "refresh the page and retry the action" (although F5 does work... It doesn't solve the issue) and I can't "close the browser and start a new browser session" because... it's not a browser :facepalm: (this also means any suggestion to "clear the cache" will need to provide where BT TV Player App (on Windows) stores it's cache as there doesn't appear to be a BT folder in the ProgramData OR a cache folder in the install path of the software).

The internal error description from the main javascript file in the program files is "unable to output correctly" so this sounds like it's having an issue displaying the content, however there is no real help here either as other providers work fine (Amazon Prime Video, Netflix, NowTV).
I've also checked I'm running the latest silverlight as was suggested by a mod over here: https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Sport-on-TV-Online-player-or/BT-TV-App-Error-Code-WP025/td-p/1873888 and I am running that.

Any help would be much appreciated

7 REPLIES 7
TheHank
Beginner
Message 2 of 8

Re: BT TV App Error Code WP025

Same for me. Windows 10.

It's actually the first time I've even used the BT TV Player 😞

0 Ratings
xleex
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

hi, did you solve this issue. i had the same error code do you have a multiple monitor setup?

0 Ratings
xleex
Beginner
Message 4 of 8

did you solve the wp025 issue?

0 Ratings
xleex
Beginner
Message 5 of 8

WP025 error code on bt tv (solution for me)

Hi i recently came accross the wp025 error whenever i tried to use bt tv app on windows 10.  Have noticed a few people talking about same problems with no solutions so thought i would post what worked for me.

I have a 2 monitor setup running win 10. The problems first occured when i watched a program on my 2nd monitor (a tv using hdmi).  After watching the program i swapped the tv app back to my monitor but the sound still came through the tv.  I switched the tv source over and the tv app crashed. After that everytime i tried to watch a program on my monitor it gave me the error. To fix this i turned the tv source back and sound to tv the tv app then worked i switched the sound back to computer speakers whilst the tv app was playing and now it works fine.  Seemed to have glitched the sound when i turned my second monitor off before changing the sound????? Hope this helps at all

Highlighted
TheHank
Beginner
Message 6 of 8

Re: WP025 error code on bt tv (solution for me)

Thats interesting! You are right it is related to multiple displays, just tested, thanks for the heads up!

I have a three screen setup but it only works if i just have one active display. I'll do a bit more playing but so far can't get it to stick 😞

0 Ratings
xleex
Beginner
Message 7 of 8

Glad this helps was pulling hair out trying to find solution..  if you load it on the screen that works then drag it to the screen you want then change your sound output to desired monitor it should work fine

0 Ratings
xleex
Beginner
Message 8 of 8

i think its something to do with where it sends the sound output to especially if you have hdmi connected?

0 Ratings