Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
SpottyDog
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

BT TV App Extra do I need to bother.

Go to solution

I've just had a message on my Samsung smart TV offering this BT TV app extra, but as I only watch one of the four BT Sport channels I don't think it's any benefit to me.  Also my TV does not support this BT app so would that mean I would need another be of kit if I was to change my mind.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Recognised Expert Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT TV App Extra do I need to bother.

Go to solution

Hi @SpottyDog

TV App Extra, if you subscribe gives you access to any content you have purchased or if you have a BT TV subscription to the extra channels included your TV package. It is avalible for the newer Samsung Smart TV.. 

You can read more here : BT TV App Extra 

0 Ratings
SpottyDog
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Hi Dean007

Thanks, as I only occasionaly watch BT Sport using powerline adaptors and never purchase any content and my Samsung smart TV is to old I will not be bothering with this free app.  I'm always a bit nervous clicking on BT free offers !!!

0 Ratings
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

@SpottyDog

BT TV App Extra is always there if you want it, you can still use the free version on Phones and Tablets if you need it.

0 Ratings
cooperman
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution
The email and on screen announcement seems a bit devious to me. The advert is for a “Free BT app”. What it doesn’t explain is that the app connects to subscription based services.
0 Ratings
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

@cooperman

The basic BT TV app is free, and can be used on two devices. The App Extra has additional features which includes large screen tv, and adding to four devices but has a subscription.

I have not seen the advert, but they could be promoting their BT App for managing your account which is a different app to the TV app.

0 Ratings