Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 11 of 13

Re: BT TV App Extra

But @Andy005 you have overlooked the BT TV youview box itself in your calculation.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 12 of 13

I did ignore the BT TV box @zulu17 simply because @wenklaw was only asking about the apps. I take it that 6 (via apps) is the maximum, I don't understand why this Community doesn't have simple help pages attached to explain some of the common basics such as this. The BT Help pages don't make it particularly easy and I wouldn't be surprised if Live Chats used the same database structure, which would explain a lot as well.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 13 of 13

@Andy005wrote:

I did ignore the BT TV box @zulu17 simply because @wenklaw was only asking about the apps. I take it that 6 (via apps) is the maximum, I don't understand why this Community doesn't have simple help pages attached to explain some of the common basics such as this. The BT Help pages don't make it particularly easy and I wouldn't be surprised if Live Chats used the same database structure, which would explain a lot as well.

Andy you are spot on I am ONLY talking about streaming via the apps (BT TV extra app and the BT Sport app).

Anyway I dont think it is 6 in total across those apps as it clearly states on the BT TV Extra App site that:

Want the multi-room experience in your home? With BT TV App Extra, you can watch on a big screen in two other rooms while someone watches on your BT TV box.

TV’s a family affair. That’s why with App Extra, you can register the app on four devices rather than the regular two.

The BT TV Extra App also gives you the ability to cast and also use it on Firesticks and Apple TV's along with some Smart TV's such as Samsung. The basic BT TV app doesnt as i understand enable you to cast or use on the devices i have mentioned.

I did a bit of testing last night Liverpool V Leicester and I could stream 2 sessions via the BT Sport app and 1 on the BT TV extra app simultaneously (i couldnt try a 2 on the BT TV extra app) so my conclusion is in total its 4 concurrent streams, 2 x BT TV extra app and 2 x BT Sport app

0 Ratings